Dooley Blaming the Fans (merged)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SaintBruce, Feb 2, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

11-14 is the reason his seat is hot

2. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

2 back to back losing seasons puts you on the hot seat anywhere in the SEC not named Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

It's not complicated. Our roster was shit but there are enough cupcakes on our schedule to stay above .500. Period.

3. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

No doubt. It's the win-now mentality of college football these days.

4. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Outside of Kentucky last year, what cupcakes did we lose to?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

11-14, not looking competitive at all in some games, not seeing across to board improvement over that span (although in some areas), and having a 26 year win streak against a vastly inferior team snapped will do it every time.

6. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Still a relatively short sample period, when you consider injuries and the roster he inherited. His third year will definitely provide the best body of work for us to evaluate him compared to the 1st and 2nd seasons.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

All we had to do was best them and whatever crap team we faced in the bowl game to stay over .500.

8. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

Exactly.

Or beat the cupcakes and beat Georgia or South Carolina. It wasn't an impossible task.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The son of a [itch bay] has been a head coach for five years. He's been a loser in four of them. That's not the result of bad fortune. It's the result of him being a lousy football coach.

10. hatvol96

How'd his 3rd year at Louisiana Tech turn out?

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That same guy had a post about bologne sandwiches that was probably the best post of all time. Oh and his name rhymes with bat.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Come on we canceled the UNC game so we'd go to a better bowl and...well we all know what happened with that...

13. hatvol96

I must admit, the bologna sandwich post is probably my proudest internet moment.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It still think of it as the post of the decade.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That really was an amazing post. I still look back at the reversal of emotions in that thread with a smile. A bunch of overall-wearing yokels go from smug satisfaction to the sad feeling of confusion and shame only the vocal ignorant know.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

How did I miss the bologna sandwich post?

Can someone recant it?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It, like most of our finest posts at VN, was not available for viewing for a long time.

18. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

Could Hat or someone that did see it not "recap" it so we at least get the jest of it?

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You really can't recap something that great.

20. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I think this is probably it ...

Kentucky has some growing up to do. - Page 2 - VolNation