Ebola Outbreak

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Jul 29, 2014.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Why do we feel the need to be the world's everything?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We can still have compassion and ignore their hatred. It is called being better than that.

If these doctors are from some piss-poor country that cannot help them, I have no qualms what-so-ever of helping them out. They are putting their lives at risk to help the unfortunate people of west Africa, and I imagine the danger is minimal from what I have seen so far.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Good point, but I have a problem with them coming back home to the US and endangering us, no matter how minimal the risk is. Two nurses here caught it.

4. NorrisAlan

Yeah, but they were in a hospital that was implementing godawful procedures to keep from getting contaminated. If these doctors are taken to a high-end CDC facility like the original doctor that came home did, I think it is worth the risk to save these people that are putting themselves on the line.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

But none in Atlanta and none in Nebraska. When we know they are coming, there is very, very little risk. The two nurses caught it because the Texas Health Department is gutted and broken and the CDC was too timid to swing the big federal **** in Texas.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Exactly. This is the kind of thing that makes me proud to be an American.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh. Hyperbole for sure.

10. NorrisAlan

Not far off of it, though. With their pacts with Italy and Japan, they pretty much were in combat with the entire planet. I imagine the only continent without a theater of war was the South American continent. The Japanese held some of the islands off of Alaska, so the North American continent had action.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Antarctica. Boom, roasted.

12. NorrisAlan

On no you DIDN'T!

But I still claim victory as Antarctica is under no one's dominion and is not governed, so technically you cannot wage war with it, hence no need to have a theater there.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

you said continent. You lose. Good day sir.

I-SAY-GOOD-DAY.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not seeing the contraire. Interesting read though.

16. NorrisAlan

What do you mean? Aliens, Hitler in an ice bunker, nukes! Sounds like combat to me.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bump for IP's happiness.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No posts in 4 days... Is the world Ebola-free?