Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I know people that laugh at this, but I fear it will surprise them how fast this shit will go once a tipping point is reached.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

In the same sense that my GMC Sierra can briefly serve as a plane if I go full Thelma and Louise off the Henley Street Bridge.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have no doubt of this.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

No no, he's a genius and this was all about "exposing" twitter.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Musk: I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alternate further
    Twitter: Nah fam
    Musk: Ok...

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Guess he decided he needed it again, after getting roasted all weekend for spewing pro Russian “hypothetical” situations.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The gnashing and wailing displayed throughout Twitter the past few days over Elon officially taking over the company has been really weird to observe. Get a grip folks. It's going to be okay.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haven't noticed

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just check out Taylor Lorenz’ timeline

justingroves likes this.
  13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

She’s a basket case every [uck fay]ing day though

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fair

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Taylor Lorenz is a psychotic cry-bully ideological hack unraveling further by the day. She is off her rocker. Girl is so obviously mentally unwell and unhappy. If she wasn't an insufferable horrible person that treats everyone she disagrees with like dogshit, I'd feel bad for her.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, I think it is early to say what it will mean. I only used it to get info quickly. I don't think that functionality will change. I also think countersocial was and is an adequate alternative. I don't like the idea of explicitly partisan social media, I don't think it is healthy for society. So I agree with Musk's words. Not sure if I will like his implementation or not. I think he is going to find that it is a lot harder than it looks to maximize free speech on a public forum AND be palatable to advertisers.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The thing about Twitter is there is just not a viable alternative. At this point the existence of Twitter has become so mainstreamed into our way of life, the idea of another app where you have a few characters to express your thoughts ever overtaking Twitter is almost unimaginable. Obviously Twitter is nothing like facebook and instagram. So where are those leaving over Musk going to go and still be able to share their thoughts on a social media platform with the visibility of Twitter? Parler, Truth Social, ect. is a joke.

How Twitter is constructed now definitely isn't an immortal entity. It could go the way of MySpace at anytime. Never know what new technologies will arise, but as of now I just don't foresee anyone successfully making a new Twitter. Sure someone can make a new Twitter and all the anti-Musk sky screamers can gather there-but at the end of the day it would be no different than a "left-wing" version of the echo chamber that is Truth Social

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Have no idea who she is.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Keep it that way

justingroves likes this.