Espn liberal agenda

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Aug 15, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That would be an example of an agenda, I would think.

2. fl0at_

Someone delete dro's clear business post and replace with kpt's actual example post.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think it's necessarily sound logic to connect the dots that way, but I think that was the intended association. I think there are other, more legit reasons to suspect a liberal bias and those are feeding the reaction to this relatively meaningless event.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no argument against ESPN leaning left. Obviously, I think that is not a bad thing-- until you start actively commenting on politics. That's not good. Social issues are a gray area.

I didn't see this segment. If they agree it didn't come out off in a good way and was not what they intend, I don't know why anyone should argue with them. They said "oops, not cool. Sorry." Time to move on. Wasn't malicious. Apparently wasn't worth defending either. Just a dumb skit that came out wrong.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not so sure it came out wrong so much as guys like Shaun King, who makes a living feeding racial controversy, saw an opportunity to manufacture outrage.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care for people that spend their time and energy tearing folks down and hardly ever building anything. The dude bears no fruit. Whose lives are being made better? What problems is he solving? We have real live American white supremacists openly chanting about being supremely white. Why is he writing about ESPN's clumsy and dumb skit that was undoubtedly not intended the way it comes across?

Is he too scared to be a real activist? Or just nor convicted enough?

Also, I think he has personal identity issues that need to be dealt with.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because he's a chickenshit, IP. He can tweet ESPN and feel better about himself

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But actually doing something would require him to put himself in harm's way

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Shaun King is one of the biggest pieces of trash on Twitter.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It irks me that he thinks people give him crap about being half white. Nobody cares that he's half white, maybe two halves white, or identifies as black. It is that he produces no meaningful conversations or solutions. I'd like to see him offering up solutions rather than just shitting on people.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That requires thought and doesn't get him clicks.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you think they even bother to apologize if they didn't have a liberal agenda? I don't.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what rifts? it's a fantasy draft. you have on camera guys making $80K a year drafting the stats of millionaire players. in what stratosphere is that slavery?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not sure it's premeditated, but it's pretty clear. most sportswriters seem to be liberals and more than a few seem to think we want to hear their political opinions. daily I get this from guys I follow on twitter for football stuff. hell even the green bay packers beat writer, so it's not just California people. if I was espn i'd be telling people to avoid politics for fear of pissing people off, but clearly they do not deem that important.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get what you were saying now. Just sounds odd. Like if Fox News apologized for employing an illegal immigrant and I said "geez, see how conservatively biased they are?" Not necessarily a conscious or deliberate company as a whole sort of action, and the apology isn't that crazy.

16. fl0at_

In what stratosphere is pulling it "liberal agenda?"

It's a business decision over optics, real or perceived.

There are examples; yours isn't.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fun fact: there has never been slavery in the stratosphere.

EDIT: I take that back. I bet some modern slaves have been flown in rich Middle Eastern men's jets.

Correction: there has never been legal American slavery in the stratosphere.

18. fl0at_

I'm not sure that the briefcase containing the official liberal agenda has been in the stratosphere, either.

Revised copies, sure. But like the meter stick, it's usually kept under lock and key.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the equivalent would be if fox news apologized to trump for something he was irrationally upset about that basically no one was offended by. how is the apology not that crazy?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

who was offended? why was this a business decision? did anyone take this seriously before they apologized?