Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volguy1971, Apr 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

There was no apology tour

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Sweet goodness*stupid of me*, I hate republicans more than you do but that is just bs.

He was continuing his anti W foreign policy campaign promise.

I dont know why you see it as some kind of flaw or something negative?

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  3. OrangeEmpire

Uni, you dont think this was a continuation of his Berlin primary speech?

On a side note, absolute brilliance securing the all important German primary vote, :)

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still don't understand how in the hell Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Actually, it shows the failure of such. All they did was take down a figurehead. Frank Nitti took over and the Chicago mob didn't miss a beat. Stacking their bodies like fire wood would have been far more effective.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

We've gone down this before, but if I went to visit my ex gf and went and listed all the ahole things I had done when we were dating and then asked to be friends I think every person on earth would consider that an apology. And frankly if its not meant as at least a tepid apology why mention it at all?

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Narcissistic-masochistic gloating?

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Additional arrests going to be directed at harboring or aiding and abetting?

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Nitti was a figurehead and was brought down on an extortion charge and the real leader, Rico or something like that, was brought down on tax evasion, too.

10. Unimane

Because it's a bullshit characterization disputed by every fact checking organization. The "Apology Tour" moniker took a pretty standard diplomacy tour and made it into some sort of indication of a spineless, American hating, dangerous appeaser over a couple of comments suggesting America hasn't been perfect in foreign diplomacy. It set the tone for the most hostile and irrational opposition party any president has ever faced and indicative of why shit never gets done (God forbid you work with such an anti-American communist or let him look good by passing some bi-partisan laws).

11. Unimane

Making a few references over a series of speeches is not listing all the ahole things you've done.

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

At which time the Chicago mob rolled merrily along with guys like Sam Giancana in charge. Petty little charges put nary a real dent in their power.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you went to your ex and said you were both ass holes, would that be an apology? No.

14. OrangeEmpire

I dont care about all the petty squabbling shit.

Forget the word apology then, you dont think starting with Berlin and going through 2009 there was a concerted effort by team Obama to shape world opinion of the US and repair real or unreal the damage W did?

15. Unimane

And were, essentially, gutted in the 70s and 80s by infiltration and intelligence rather than stacking bodies and getting into pitched warfare on the streets of an American city.

It also helped Giancana that he was recruited by the CIA in their battle against Castro.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  16. Unimane

It was certainly done to set a tone in foreign relations for the administration.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Link to where the ex is this analogy said they had been *******s?

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How many times have you done that?

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Italian mafia take their biggest hits when Mussolini simply decided to decimate them?

Last edited: May 2, 2013