Finebaum

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Sep 28, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hell is a real place for Butch Jones, and this is it.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

He has been lit up today more than I've ever heard a UT coach lit up before.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The nucleus is pretty strong. You have a lot of orange blood in that roster that get by that longer than others would.

May run out eventually but hes freakin lucky in that regard.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep. Without question.

He has talent the last guy didnt have.

5. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Here's the sad reality. We probably go 6-6/7-5, and Botch says that expectations were too high for such a young football team. He'll talk about the resiliency to bounce back from devastating losses to go to Papa John's Bowl or whatever. All the sheep, including the AD and Cheek will eat it up, and he'll be here.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that his seat is hot. It deserves to be. And all the trash spewing out of his mouth is a disservice to those players and us as fans. While I have emotionally removed myself from TN football, I still want them to win, but realize they won't as long as Botch is here. There should be a special place reserved in hell for him.

6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Maybe I am optimistic, but I feel like we are past that point.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

We are. But the reality is we the people of Tennessee are subjected to a two headed dictatorship in Cheek and Hart. Cheek could care less about sports, and Dave is just as narcissistic as Biych is when it comes to defending his athletic department.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Maybe you could say this after OU, but There was no going back following Florida.

9. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

I hope you are right. Sincerely. I can only go by what I've seen in the past, and Hart gave DDIAPOS another year after KY 2012. Plus, if we were bowl eligible his last year, Precious might still be here.

So again, I hope you are right. I believe any other admin, other than TN, would be figuring out the buyout and getting the short list of candidates together. However, this is TN, and I just don't see it any other way. The only way this gets better is if Hart goes, maybe. But I'll believe it when I see it.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm not sold in the least.

He's done. But it will be slow.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Lyle the skin flute player Jones will be here next year. Maybe even the year after.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Pawl has brought it today. He's in his last hour today and he is still railing against Saturday night. MacElroy just went off on him, and about three calls later, a caller sets him off on a tirade where he called him a "soap salesman" and questioned his integrity. I've not seen the like out of him. As much as he appeared to hate Fulmer, he never talked about him like this.

13. Even Doug Gottlieb is saying Butch Jones blew it, anytime college basketball analysts are stepping out of their realm to rip an SEC college coach football coach you should know you are doomed.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I do not recall ever hearing such universal condemnation of coaching over a weekend for nothing more than on the field performance. Lloyd Carr after Appy State doesn't even really come close.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe DeBord had a hand in that one too

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I believe he did.

17. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

I can't recall such epic shittings of the pants, two weeks apart, on a national stage, as what he has managed to do. Lyle deserves every bit of it, and a little more for the hideous drivel coming out of his pie hole.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I have to admit I've been thinking the same thing.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I like it.

Someone tell Butch there's no place in the W/L column for "should have won"

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Someone should tell him that a coach who won a natty championship got fired for being a couple of plays away. Being a three or four just doesn't cut it.