Fire Butch Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by juicemane, Sep 17, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What I find ultimately hilarious is this dude tried the last two years to get a job, any job, to get him out of here. And here he still is.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I did once and someone changed it back.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Cowherd says he won't get another Head Coaching job. He is that bad.

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I know the old bit about denying right before the resignation/firing, but it doesn't make me feel better as a fan. I realize it's public, but why not say something about commitment to winning. Or say that he is really rooting for Butch to win. As a new AD, I am already disappointed that he doesn't want to make a statement about winning or excellence. I kept reading that he was a [penis]. Great! Be one! This great with boosters and fundraising crap means losing. Fire the guy who has no business being here.

Why isn't anyone with the money or authority embarrassed like the fans that give a shit? Real fan my ass. Fire him yesterday!!!

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They are busy getting their asses kissed.

6. juicemane

juicemane Member

For the record, the original title was "Fire Butch Jones"

7. juicemane

juicemane Member

Damnit mods. Now I look like a crazy person. Or a crazier person...

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I see you as clairvoyant.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Notre Dame and Florida taking themselves out of the Chip Kelly sweep stakes tonight.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't think nail-bitters against UK are the results UF fans are looking for. They have to know this guy isn't "the guy". And that "the guy" will be readily available next year. Plenty
    of AD's at big time programs will have their chance, hope ours is first.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

LA Vol on VolNation

"Currie got an earful today. When people who pay $55K for club seats walk out at halftime, Currie takes note. And when some of the 1967 NC players make remarks about the program and ask Currie what he's going to do about it, he listens. And when donors he's counting on to fund Phase IV renovations say they're unhappy with the state of the program, that gets his attention, too.

We have UGA, SCAR, Bama and UK on deck. It could get far uglier far faster than any of us anticipated."

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yawn

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Nothing is going to happen. We'll still be hearing about individual resiliency in 2019.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Pretty certain we heard the same things last year

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Far earlier than any of us anticipated? Seriously? It got ugly before the guy was announced.

16. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Currie is the wildcard but I'll believe in change when I see it, with this admin.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yep, no way Bama Dave was going to fire the guy he hired. Currie brings a whole new dynamic. A stadium full of red barking Georgia fans followed by a beat down should, I would think, seal his fate if it isn't sealed already and they're just working on the timing.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Florida fans all hate McElwain.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No you didn't, there wasn't an ad to [itch bay] to

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod