Fire Butch Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by juicemane, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Float, I don't lie. And you already have preconceived notions of who I am and how I think in your head so it really doesn't matter. I'm dumb and a liar so just roll with it. I'll be fine.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Kinda TMACy in here. Any team meetings, contract demands, threats to quit, coaches brawls, Currie sightings? Chip Kelly seen with a realtor in Knoxville?

Anything? Throw me a bone.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Soon

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

2015 South Carolina for me. Planning a trip to Knoxville is enough of a hassle that I don't make it happen unless I really care. Haven't drummed up enough enthusiasm the last two years.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm surprised Butch hasn't been investigated for points shaving.

6. Calculon

Calculon Member

I’m the same. It coincides with the last time I was a student at UT during the fall though. Paying full price for Dooley or Jones doesn’t seem like a good deal.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Last game I went to in Neyland was LSU 2011. I went to the BGSU game because I got free tickets and I live 20 minutes away. My wife was 7 months pregnant at the 2011 LSU game

I do take the whole family to the spring game, but didn't go this year.

I've got three kids under 6, I'm not making many games, but if Tennessee makes a commitment to winning, I'll go to a game a year

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was there yesterday. I consider myself a true fan and the rest of you are scum whose opinions are to be discarded or mocked.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You do agree that you are the same user as limpleg, yes?

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He's admitted as much. And that he's spartacusvolus or whatever on VN. He hasn't hidden that since he was called out on it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then I also recall talk of butch being a good coach who can win big here. And that anyone not thinking so was dumb or something

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nah. That wasn't what he really thought. Sure, he went on crusades for months against anyone that questioned Jones, but really he was skeptical and in wait and see mode. Honestly, everything thus far has played out almost exactly as he expected.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't, just the typical non-committal drivel. He's doing some good things that'll help him, or the next guy. It's too early to judge. Saban hadn't done it by now, so why should we expect Butch too.

Martinez is a good coordinator, who might help, but we'll see.

Typical non-answers, in the middle of discussions, that say nothing but go in the opposite direction of the discussion.

If someone started a thread that said "Butch sucks," and there was lots of debate about how badly sucks, limpy would jump in around page 3 and say something like "Butch has recruited some top 15 classes. You guys are just negative."

It says nothing, but in context it seems like it's a defense of Butch. After a page or two of posts, it would come down to "I just haven't seen enough."

Same was true of Dooley. Did the same exact same. No commitment. Just random true facts shoved in the middle of debate. Then years later, when someone would say "you defended Dooley," he's say something like "not in his final season."

He's the Switzerland of Internet posters. Completely neutral and non-committal.

14. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I don't know that I'll ever get to a point where I'll refuse a trip to Neyland on a fall Saturday, though I can understand why some choose to do so.

The wife and I are making our trek to Knoxville on Saturday. We have young three girls and get to make an annual trip to Neyland, sans children. I don't know what I'm looking forward to more, hanging out with our friends, getting a hall pass from the kids for 36 hours or so, or drinking like a...38 year old.

The game is just somewhere to be from 330-7ish.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don’t know how on earth anyone was non-commital on butch. His offense was utterly idiotic from day 1 and the defense left best players off the field. He’s also very plainly a low iq guy.

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I think Butch had a lot of folks that matter convinced that Dormady was an alpha with a cannon. Since last year, that and recruiting is all I heard about.

Can any of you remember a time when Neyland emptied like it did yesterday? I honestly cannot.

17. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

There was a guy sitting in front of me yesterday who gave me a funny look when I booed Butch yesterday. He was saying that Butch was his guy. By the end of the game he told me I was right.

18. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Only thing I can remember to that level was the same year that I left a game early in the 3rd quarter. It was the year UGA gave us the beatdown and went up 41-7 early in the 3rd. When I saw that the team had quit, I quit too. I never leave early, but there was this one time. It was the same game that we were going in for the tying score before the half and fumbled at the 1 where they took it to the house.

19. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I stayed for that entire game, and I don't remember it being as bad as it was yesterday....but I'm also getting old.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

First and only game I ever left early was the 05 UGA game.