First Republican Debate Set

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tvolsfan, Aug 4, 2015.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

He's a gift to the Bush Campaign.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have heard pundits say he's a gift to the Bush campaign, but I'm not sure I agree. You put anyone next to Trump and their personality will fade in comparison. You put Jeb -already a bit dry and nuanced and not given to sound bytes- next to Trump and he seems incredibly dull.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I hope he wears the cap on stage -

[​IMG]

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Jeb seems to have a habit of "misspeaking". If he keeps it up it is going to bite him in the ass.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep. I've been surprised at how many times he has not known what he wanted to say to a a particular question. You'd figure he'd be there by now answer-wise.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I really want Rand Paul to come off as normal and as a leader because I really like him on the issues. Not holding my breath for that though.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

[​IMG]

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The guy is flat-out misrepresenting the truth when it comes to PP.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid!

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you cull for bland, that cuts at least half. I'm no Perry fan, but some of these guys put the milk in milquetoast. Take away name recognition and big donors, and Bush is as empty suit as you get.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How so?

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Four! Oh..I should have yelled TWO!

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

PP is not selling fetal organs. Federal money is not be expended on abortions. These are two absolute facts. Read the full transcripts, the video was deliberately deceptive.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Then why does Planned Parenthood argue for federal support?

This silly semantics argument is one of your worst, and the list is rough.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why would not spending money on abortions preclude a need for federal money? You aren't making the argument that performing abortions is in any way the primary health service for PP are you?

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've honestly not paid much attention to Rand on this. Maybe federal money is not spent on abortions by PP. I don't know, but PP performs abortions + PP gets federal funding. I don't have a problem defunding them based on that association alone. I know. I know. I hate women, blah, blah, blah, but it's not like some other group couldn't fill this role.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If it's not their primary focus, it seems they could spin off this part of their organization and be better off from a PR standpoint, lobbying, etc.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

A doctor friend of mine wrote this on fb:

19. Unimane

Most people support a women's right to choose. I think it would be worse for the type of people who support them to cave into antagonistic forces. Pro-life forces aren't the only ones with some pull. Besides, if a woman has the right to choose this type of medical procedure, then they should have a right to access a safe and reasonable facility to service that right.

20. Unimane

He's 100% full of shit. The "they love abortion" part gives away his bias.