Fishing 2017

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I find at a few of my favorite deep slow runs on local rivers half of Hartford uses as a bath tub on weekends #MAGA

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I haven't fished a whole hell of a lot since child #1 came along because I hate being in the lake in the weekends.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not.....Going.....To......Go......Political.....

Maybe the lice from their bodies will chum 'em up for ya. Never know what those finicky bastages want to eat.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I hate when jet skiers fly by when you are either fishing or relax on a pontoon. I have had words with people on that before.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The worst is the giant ass yacht or ski boat that slows down but not to idle. Now they are digging a 3 foot hole in the water and throwing out a 2 foot wake. Either idle by or fly by, but don't "help" by slowing down to half speed and toss my boat around.

6. JayVols

Is there a way to directly post pictures in this thread or do we have to send to photos thread?

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

pics thread or put them somewhere to share (photobucket, etc) I believe are your only options.

8. JayVols

Not sure if this will work, but I'll try. Here's what I use for walleye trolling:

Bottom Bouncer- galvanized wire w/ 3oz egg sinker. Yes, 3oz....

[​IMG]

9. JayVols

Cat's Paw Spinner- #7 Indiana Blade. Use enough beads to where the tip of the blade is at the top of the eye of the baitholder hook. Can't remember hook size off the top of my head. I'm thinking a #4.

The Chartruese/orange tip is my favorite color for South Holston Lake- clearer water. Gold/silver/all dayglo orange is my preference fir Cherokee Lake- murkier water. I also prefer these colors on Norris.

[​IMG]

10. JayVols

You'll run half a nightcrawler on the hook shank . You want it to run inline with the shank. No curve in crawler. Should extend an inch or inch & a half beyond the curve in the hook.

11. JayVols

You can use ******* fake crawlers that come in a jar. I prefer actual crawlers, but have a jar of fakes in case I run out of crawlers.

I also use grubs (red or black shades seem to be best for me. Pumpkin seed is not bad). I really like vibro grubs or vibro leeches if I'm using plastics, but key point. When using plastics, I always put a small piece of nightcrawler on the hoo & run it up to the eye before putting on the grub. That gives them a little smell.

12. JayVols

Results: Note, this was an "eh" trip. 2 of these are walleye (ones with small black specs) and the rest are saugeye (the ones with the larger black splotches) Both have a white spot on the tip of the bottom of the tailfin.

[​IMG]

Perspective: The fish are on the tailgate of an F-150.

[​IMG]

13. JayVols

The best part that makes all the effort worthwhile:

[​IMG]

14. JayVols

Decent little flounder from Hog Inlet Cherry Grove area of North Myrtle Beach.

[​IMG]

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is that your Walleye Slayer? Where did you get it or did you have it made?

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That first walleye is a giant. I got to get some this year.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That looks amazing. When is the 8th Maxim fish fry?

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Wait a sec, are those hush puppies on that plate as well? If so, well done.

19. JayVols

I make them.

20. JayVols

JayVols fish fry:

1. Walleye
    2. Hush puppies

Anything else just takes up space for walleye & hush puppies.....

I'll tell you my meal mix if you want it.