From Volnation

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Oct 15, 2016.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This is very accurate. So much it hurts.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

One more to add. During Jones tenure his teams seem to play to whatever level the opponent forces them to. If the injury problems continue this team will have 2 more games where the opponent will be in the game late.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Remember in 2012 when we beat NC State pretty convincingly and all the VN folk came out to let everyone know that UT was back and just as they had predicted all along that Dooley had trusted the process and gotten us back to the top? I think our early victories this season have a very similar feel. UF and UGA totally suck. Those are hollow victories, made more significant really by the previous years of failure more so than anything related to current prestige.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This is true.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We have barely beaten every team we have won against. I have no doubt we drop another game or two.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

South Carolina is really the only one I could imagine us losing. I could see them shutting down our offense then getting a couple big plays and winning an extremely ugly game. Doubt it, though.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Vandy will be a slug fest.

8. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

This. Just this. All day long. Hurts my heart because I love this school. It is a sad truth.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Against Kentucky we'll probably completely open up the offense and let Dobbs fully loose (you know, now that he's out of eligibility and we don't have to worry about keeping him from getting hurt so we don't lose a well below average passer) and we win that one by a zillion. Whooooo!

10. chavisut

Bama had best day rushing in thirty years.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

On the bright side, we won't have to worry about our DC leaving for a head coaching position.

12. chavisut

Yesterday just further demonstrated how well ran Bama is. There are seriously only a handful of coaches that can run a program that well.

This is not a who ya gonna get post, just a frustrating realization. Bama won't be dethroned until Saban retires.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm just glad we saved Colorado the embarrassment of hiring this guy

14. NorrisAlan

I agree. Meyer is the only dude close and Harbaugh might be there but has to show he can last four years somewhere.

I think this morning my loathing for Jones has hit a new height. And knowing we are stuck with this idiot just makes me apathetic.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I'm still hoping he will leave on his own

16. NorrisAlan

I am not holding my breath.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Have to win out and win SECCG or play competitively in it to have a legit shot of that happening.

18. chavisut

I'd put Peterson on the cusp of that upper tier.

19. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Alabama had a 99.9 defensive efficiency rating for the game. Tennessee has 1 turnover and still loses by 39 on their own turf. Outsiders looking in and checking the box scores say wtf.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If a couple of plays go wrong, this season could have been 2012 all over again against any team that mattered and without shitcanning the idiot in charge.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk