From Volnation

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Oct 15, 2016.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

One of the curses of Tennessee is having the weak back end of the schedule every year. It gives the VN/Facebook crowd a few weeks to get over their gripes and get back on the (insert shitty coach here) train heading into the off season.

2. juicemane

juicemane Member

Realignment is changing that tho. We have Lsu at the end of our schedule next year

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yassss. Would love to see UGA or Florida moved to November as well.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UGA has hired [ddiapos] 2.0

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I mean in general. But yeah, Saban has his cronies in all the right spots to keep the SEC a shithole outside of Tuscaloosa.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yeah. I couple of weeks ago I read, on this fine website, that Smart was the only coach in the east who hadn't yet proven he was a dumb ass.

I think we've probably cured that now.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gameday are bad, but everything else is also a disorganized mess apparently

8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Meh, if the GOAT Saban can lose to Louisiana Monroe his first year at Alabama, I'm willing to accept that any coach is capable of hiccups early in their career. Still feel like the jury is still out on Smart.

9. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

i don't keep up with UGA, but I knew, not suspect, but actually knew - that Butch was piece of shit in his first Florida game. maybe some georgia fans have had a similar moment with Smart.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He has Willie Martinez as his secondary coach.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The only remaining game that I can even fathom us losing is Missouri.

12. kidbourbon

There are certainly early signs pointing in that directions, but I think the evidence is still insufficient to support such a conclusion with any degree of certainty. My fingers are crossed.

13. kidbourbon

Agreed.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I said that when I watched them play Nicholls State at the beginning of the season.

15. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Ftr I said Kirby was a terrible hire the day it was announced. I know I wasn't alone

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But as his boss, you can make a guy do things. If a DC can't deal with the entire defense and get them in the right places, he can't coach.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Shoop can coach. IMO.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think he can coach. I think he has a system and doesn't deviate. I think he isn't what he said he would be. I think playing two LBs against teams clearly capable of smashing is stupid as all hell. I think he has done that too much this season.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think his roster is depleted and it is showing. Does he make mistakes, yes. I still think he is a great coach and will have a great career.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's walked into a situation that there isn't really a viable 3rd linebacker, especially after Sapp went down