Gators vs Vols Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 12, 2016.

?

Who wins next week's game?

1. Tennessee

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. Florida

34 vote(s)
    57.6%
  1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Both teams have good defense and questionable offense. I'm expecting one of those 10-9 type jobs.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Invariably means first team to 50 wins when we think low scoring.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Atlanta morning Sports talk predicting UT will beat UF; setting up UT and UGA game for the SECe Championship.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Agree. Need big ST play.

5. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Just curious for discussion. Where is the overall advantage for Tennessee?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

After the last three years, I will NEVER pick UT over Florida until we win. Mangina Jones has to prove it to me.

UF 23 UT 13 with another early game FG by UT when we should be punching it in.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, never?

UF by 10.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We lose a close one. At least moronic judgment call is made that could have resulted in us overcoming the margin of defeat. Excuse is that we don't have enough experienced depth at LB, ignoring that we are failing to replace a true sophomore with a roster full of third and fourth year guys.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think they put it on us. They go after Jumper and we can't get our defense off the field and our offense doesn't do us any favors. 34-9 or something like that with them once again outgaining us on the ground.

10. MWR

MWR Contributor

I missed on my UT/VT score prediction pretty badly, so I won't predict the score. But I will predict that the Vols won't get over 9 first downs and will lose the rushing battle. And the "throw game" battle. But they will probably win the FG attempt battle.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Venue and offensive playmakers. Defenses are a push, imo. Coaching a minor edge to Florida.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's kind of hard to see Hurd bulldozing guys to turn 0 yard runs into 3-4 yards like he's done the last two games. Offense is going to have open way up.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Callaway, Florida's best WR, is hurt too, so that helps.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did it last year against them.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We need to get them both in the backfield at the same time, and get John Kelly some carries, too.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah. Had a solid game last year.

17. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

So you think this team clocks Florida for over 250 rushing yards this year?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's how it seems to go.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why not? It may come at a 3 yards per carry average, but they aren't going to let Dobbs throw it much, at all. I'm expecting two or three big runs then a lot of Hurd for 3 yards.

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

You have convinced yourself that there is a minimal coaching edge to Florida? Are you [ucking fay]-- serious?