George Zimmerman Verdict

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tvolsfan, Apr 12, 2012.

?

What will be the outcome?

1. Guilty of Second Degree Murder

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Guilt of a lesser charge/Plea Deal

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Not Guilty

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Have to imagine the fact that he can’t stop assaulting his spouse(s) hasn’t helped his job prospects either.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

His claim is interesting. Witness was not his girlfriend but was his coached girlfriends sister.

3. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Another article I read was that the lawsuit is based on Trayvon's family, Trayvon's family attorney, and the prosecution putting a fake girlfriend on the stand. According to the lawsuit, the girl he was actually talking to on the phone at the time refused to testify so they substituted another girl in her place. If accurate, seems to be grounds for a lawsuit to me.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like grounds to disbar the attorney and perhaps criminal charges for the family. I hadn't heard any of that.

justingroves likes this.
  5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/...0191204-fdxvoqouvvbwlol2cseeaa4vum-story.html

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, Larry Klayman? Shit, this will be dismissed in short order, then. I imagine if this had any merit a lawyer with some amount of credibility would take it.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I hope this is a made up story. There is no way the prosecution puts a fake witness on the stand on a trial that was watched by millions. They can't be this stupid.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This guy was arrested and jailed. Droski says he's a criminal.

IP likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think he should have been convicted of manslaughter and probably would have been if they didn't go for first degree.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

here's what i said about it.

11. fl0at_

But neither of that happened. So... not a criminal. Still arrested and jailed.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

more semantics?

13. fl0at_

You do know that semantics is what words mean, right? I get that is a semantic question.

How about this, instead, as my argument:

Pine tree! Apple frog. Pig tail, pork rinds!

Clearly, without semantics, you'll know exactly what I just said.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are arguing that because he's legally not considered a criminal, he's not a criminal. i don't agree.

15. fl0at_

Ok, then give me your argument that concludes that people who haven't been convinced of a crime are criminals. Keep in mind, this argument you supply, can and will be used against you in another thread, to call someone else who hasn't been convicted of a crime... a criminal.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

crim·i·nal
    /ˈkrim(ə)n(ə)l/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1. a person who has committed a crime.

No mention of being convicted.

17. fl0at_

Great, I love definitions:

Are you a criminal, based on this, droski? You've stated you've been pulled over before, a lot in your youth, I recall. And based on definitions.... well, a traffic ticket "may be" prosecuted by the state, and is absolutely punishable by law.

So, droski... are you a criminal? Because, definitions?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no i haven't committed a crime.

19. fl0at_

You've never been pulled over for a traffic violation? You've said so yourself that you have, let's combine our definitions:

crim·i·nal
    /ˈkrim(ə)n(ə)l/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

a person who has committed a[n action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law].

Isn't.. droski isn't a traffic violation an action that constitutes and offense etc etc?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've been pulled over for speeding once. that was not a criminal act nor is it punishable by law or prosecutable.