GOP Debate - Round 2

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Sep 16, 2015.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think both Hillary and Trump are both wrong. Just pointing out the difference in coverage.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obama has been condemned non-stop by about 40 % of the country since the day he was elected. You can't seriously think otherwise. Hell, how many of the conservative candidates condemning Trump have anything, ANYTHING nice to say about Obama? None.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It was Hillary 'the chosen one' who said it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree with Hillary on guns and have said so. I do align closer to Bernie Sanders, although I wouldn't want to make assault rifles outright illegal, just regulated differently.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what Hillary said, I've been working all day and I am not a supporter of Hillary.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You do not have to be a supporter of Hillary to see the difference in coverage of ignorant statements of both.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

One is under protection and in custody of the state by being detained. The one that isn't should have every right to exercise their liberties

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So is a court gag order violating an individual's first amendment rights? Those apply to people that are not in custody.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Transparency first. Then work on incorporation. Not the other way around.

And legally, if you can't purchase a firearm because you can't pass a background check, then it would be illegal for you to "trade for" a firearm.

The continued ownership is a murky aspect. It isn't always clear.

10. fl0at_

If you are in jail, you've been charged. If you are on a no fly list, you have not.

That is the process part. The issuance of charges.

11. fl0at_

There have been many such challenges.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can be held for a period of time without being charged. Like 24 hours. Turning the no fly list into a process eliminates this issue anyway.

13. fl0at_

Turn the no fly list into a process, in which an individual is interviewed, and the evidence brought before a judge is the only transparent way. And it would be a quasi criminal trial, requiring, probably, at a minimum, legal council.

I know, we'll call it a Gun Tax. No way that could go wrong.

Holding for a small period of time, like gag orders, are narrow definitions. If the idea is that the individual can't buy a gun for 24 hours, but at the end of the 24 hours, either has been charged with a crime or free to go and thus free to buy the gun, that isn't different than a waiting period. And already exists for lots and lots of states.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It can and does get used in that way from time to time. But they have a system of appealing them through due process.

You'd have to do a complete overhaul of the no fly list and create something else before it could be considered due process.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What is an assault rifle? This seems to be one of those very terms just thrown out but not really defined or any real meaning.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

And you're just throwing words out about my views on my liberalism. It's about individualism and being free both economically and socially in a free society built around voluntary exchanges

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Great question. Appearance defines it for many. The ignorance regarding firearms by many that stand at the podium is sad. But it is what we come to expect from todays politicians.

18. fl0at_

You can define an assault right as a rifle based on prior or current military weapons, that is semi-automatic and longer than 16" in total length. You'll catch some submachine gun like weapons in that definition, but those are going to be similarly regulated as well, so it doesn't matter.

If we really wanted accurately described laws regarding firearms, we should have Game and Fish draw them up. I bet then we'd get the dos and don'ts.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think there are some that don't want a straight "cut and dry" definition. It allows them to broaden the reach.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

AR = assault rifle
    AK = allows to kill

Duh!