GOP Debate - Round 2

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Sep 16, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's so very easy to destroy, and that is why people worrying about what the other side will say about the individuals is pointless. Focus on the issues.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can honestly say that nothing has given me a greater or deeper delight than watching the GOP struggle so mightily against Trump's candidacy, acting even in open collusion - and he's only gotten stronger and stronger.

They have no answer for him. Zero.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's never been more likable to me, which is probably really bad news for him.

I actually like how he handled the questions about his brother, too. It was loyal and graceful.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think he's shown a little scrappiness. Has seemed a bit Al Gore-ish though in demeanor, and that's never a good thing.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Not Presidential." That's not me thinking that, I just think some voters will.

W. Bush's teary moments were the ones that reminded me that he was just a man, not a villain.

6. Tenacious D

Exactly, Card, on all counts.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They will once candidates stop dropping out. The majority of the party will coalesce around Bush or Rubio.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wouldn't take that long. Look at how they turned on Bruce/catlyn once he said he was a republican. they're very tolerant of their protected classes, until they cross party lines.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Al Gore won his party's nomination and the popular vote. He's the only person not to win the election while getting the popular vote. Not even getting into the decision in 2000, he wasn't a terrible candidate given all that while essentially running for a third term.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's not Boehner crying like a littl girl over politics. It's a dead kid. I don't think anyone would think less of her.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He had the Clinton effect just like Bush 41 had the Reagan effect. They were running on the coattails of incredibly popular politicians. Both were inept politicians themselves.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup, I think.

Eventually Carson is going to fall, and people are going to drop out.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

So are we or are we not a leader Christie? Simply because everyone else isn't following doesn't mean we shouldn't lead.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it was more of her saying she was opposed to gay marriage, and that being incredibly hypocritical given her expectations of personal acceptance and being treated the same. It comes across like a "I'm special, you're not" middle finger to the GLBT community and so they returned that gesture.

15. Tenacious D

The name. The state. The lineage. Enough money to make Solomon blush.

It don't amount to a hill of shit for ol' Jeb.

In another year, he'd have already be conducting preliminary VEEP screenings.

What Trump has done to Jeb, and the Grand Ol' Party, is the purest example of how badly he's wrecked shit.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

And why should the world follow if we aren't leading them anywhere they want to be? If one's goal is American dominance of the 21st century, there isn't really a lot to interest our friends in the EU or Asia, let alone the developing world.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope you are right, I'm just not as sure.

18. Tenacious D

What's stopping them from doing so, right now? You could take the numbers for Rubio and Jeb, add them to whatever Christie, Santorum and Paul have - and double it. Then, and only then, might you have a threat to Trump.

For about 2 weeks.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

****, Trump is anti-vaxxer... What a train wreck.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

One little erroneous publication in Lancet and the world believes. 40,000 articles in Nature and Science and there is room for "skepticism."