Guns

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NEW COACH, Feb 16, 2018.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

9mm or .556

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

.300 blackout

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

This won't end well for him. He's Icarus.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

its quite ridicarus

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There will be a big turnover in the mid-terms and he will claim responsibility.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He said Icarus, not Sun Tzu.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Actually if there isn’t a big turnover it will likely be partly his fault.

IP likes this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Nothing says responsible gun ownership like having the guy who armed Hezbollah and Central American death squads to run the NRA.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Come on man, Oliver North isn't Viktor Bout.

:p

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do think it's sad how the left has played identity politics on this to the point of running off democrats supportive on the 2nd amendment. Which the NRA donated to their campaigns too, before they moved on from those view points.

I will give credit to Sanders on that issue. He at least gave the 2nd amendment lip service and wasn't totally against it. Jim Webb might as well have had two heads though for his views on it in the party.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

"My biggest accomplishment? Killing a poor farmer turned soldier in his own land."

Sorry, that isn't inspiring. I know a fair amount of veterans who very likely had to take lives in service to their country. None would say that the act of killing was their biggest accomplishment. That's just macabre.

You have two pro-gun registered democrats on this site. I'm not feeling driven away at all. Seems to be an outside narrative.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Not an outsider narrative. It wasn't at all uncommon for NRA backed Democrats even 10 years ago. Now the talking point is National Republican Association.

Jay is a dinosaur in his own party as well. He's like a lot of middle America. He's being left behind in the party, but with little to no other options with the monopoly of power between the two parties.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Has more to do with the NRA. Plenty of folks who own guns are open to gun regulation. The NRA is antithetical to any change to the status quo, and goes on the offensive against democrats, by name.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The NRA has increasingly left little middle ground, though, for compromise. They don't back Democrats because they've swung hard right and gives no quarter to anyone who broaches any kind of regulation whatsoever.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I totally disagree that the change has happened in the NRA.

I’m not even a fan of the NRA and like GOA better.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Not true they have offered bump stock and other regulations.

However the democrats have played it as an all or none game.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Tribalism on display here as well. There is zero consideration or interest in nuance. You must be pro-2A, which apparently means any gun for anyone at any time. Or anti-2A, which means no guns of any type for anyone not law enforcement or military. This is not real life. This country strongly supports the 2nd amendment in general. Very, very few are advocating for its end. A person can be pro-2A and open to sensible regulation. I hate this all or nothing crap folks keep peddling. It's all divisive tribalism and we'd all do well to recognize and refute it.

Poppa T likes this.
  20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

It is all about increasing revenue and profit (in this case, gun/ammo/accessories). Nothing more, nothing less. They've utilized the tribal nature of politics and 2A as a marketing tool.