Happy Birthday, 8th

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 15, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Five originals (Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Escape from the Planet of the Apes, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, Battle for the Planet of the Apes)

the Mark Wahlberg remake (Planet of the Apes)

The new trilogy (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and an as yet named closer)

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's an excellent head hunter. As is Card. Don't ever make those guys really mad.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I always change the locks after you leave

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, duh, why do you think I'm here?

Wait, did IP just lose his bet now?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have made no comments on any subject matter involved in the bet, Uni.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Why didn't you say you worked for Corleone, Tom? I thought you were just some cheap two-bit hustler Johnny was running in trying to bluff me.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

And you can tell Mr. Corleone, I ain't no band leader.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

*squints*

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am pretty sure that scene is from the first Planet of the Apes. it is after they landed on the the planet in the water, and are climbing out of the canyon.

It might have been re-used in sequel, however.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

VolDad is good people. Float stalked me down. I'm glad he did. It surprised me because I don't really remember a whole lot of interactions with him at the old place. Then again, I didn't have a ton with most here. I think I talked with you, JTrainDavis, NY, IP a little bit, groves a tad and even trut. I had one or two conversations with Tenny & Hat, but I really was kind of a loner there. I don't know if I every talked with Card- aka Tiger- over there.

I'm glad I was tracked down. Helluva group of fine folks here that I've had the pleasure to make some genuinely solid friendships with. You can never have too many reliable friends.

12. JayVols

Admit it. You showed up in the thread just in hopes of receiving a birthday spanking.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Worked out pretty well.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

WM sent me a PM getting me over here before spam issues shut down their PMs.

15. JayVols

Indeed.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

kpt had Moses as an avatar when it hit the fan. I laughed

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I never got involved over there because of all the things everybody hates. As much as anything there were just too many people over there. There'd be 500 meaningless posts in between every worthwhile one. Now I'm too involved over here. At least there's only 50 or so meaningless posts in between every worthwhile one.

18. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

I'm a special kind of crazy

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

size matters

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That's why I left, too. It became like a fanzine and not allowing any sort of disagreement that UT is awesome always and that the current coach is the greatest, smartest, most wonderful person to wear a set of headphones. Then, I realized that hat dude who I used to get into it over Pearl was gone, taking with him the most interesting part of the website, bar none. Somehow, I found this place and invited myself in.

I can only assume no one seeking me out from here was merely an oversight. Yep, I'll go with that one, sounds right.