Hart retiring

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 18, 2016.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lol, if they hire the guy Blackburn replaced at a lesser school instead of Blackburn, that would be just CLASSIC Tennessee

2. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

......you just gonna leave that hanging there, huh?

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Gary Parrish did a pretty pretty good hit job on Hart today on his radio show....They archive that on 92.9 Memphis id anyone wants to listen....He hammered him on Tyndall...saying that he was told that the whole process, from first contact to contract agreement, lasted 4 hours. Went on to say that routine phone calls that are normally made during a search would have probably alerted him to potential for the Southern Miss stuff....

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The consensus from everyone was this...

Tyndall is a helluva coach. But no way he can stay out of trouble. Hart either didn't do due diligence, or didn't care. I'm going with both.

5. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

MBB has been through the ringer, WBB has seen better days, BaseVols are irrelevant, and B#tch. How much is this guy's golden parachute worth?

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

5 years, reduced to 3 for good time. 4 years parole.

Sound about right?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Every person who halfway follows college basketball knew Tyndall was at least a risk without even making a phone call. Hard to believe a guy getting paid a bunch of money to make hires didn't know it.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave with $1M, ala Hammy.

And it wasn't even a condition of Hambone's contract, Cheek just gave it to him.....shortly after Hambone assented to essentially giving up control of the AD's budget to Cheek.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm sure he knew, I just think he was looking for a hire that he could make the required the least amount of work and effort. I'm half surprised he didn't drive down Broadway and hire Jon Higgins away from Central.

10. Tenacious D

Hell, Hart could have joined here, and figured Tyndall out by just shooting Hat or a couple of others a quick PM.

11. Tenacious D

That Dave Hart hired Donnie Tyndall is the best most easily accessible example of how the University's complete lack of both leadership and proper oversight has royally screwed Tennessee for any number of years.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

True story. That was a joke of a hiring process.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

First Cheek, now Hart. Maybe we can have nice things again.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You on drugs, son?

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The one that brought Hart here was too.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nah. He had credentials out the wazoo. A few years as an assistant AD and getting dismissed in disgrace prior to that. I bet they looked at the resume and offered him the job without even interviewing.

17. JayVols

I'm Team Blackburn. But I was Team Blackburn before the disaster known as Dave Hart was even called.

18. JayVols

Lots of them as a matter of fact.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very true

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club