Hypothetical Scenario

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Sep 8, 2014.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We are a young team. If we still look incompetent at the end of the year I'd say find someone else, but I'm not going to sit here and act like I know more than I really do either. A majority if the main posters here want him gone, yet they can't list one person who they'd like to see get the job. Bpv is the only person who actually responded to the question.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Should be extremely easy to name 30 worse OCs. Go!

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Peyton Manning and Jon Gruden are realistic? Didn't think so. You mentioned Lashley, correct? Do you think he would leave Malzahn?

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, I think Oklahoma is about to bring a lot of people's opinion on Jancek right back to reality.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Only two people have answered the question legitimately. Further proving my thinking.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

forgive me for not having the time and/or motivation to compile a list of names of offensive coordinator candidates when a) he's not getting fired tomorrow (if at all) and 2) I have no responsibility or involvement in the matter other than wanting my football team to win

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Which is what? Your average college football fan doesn't spend an inordinate amount of time researching the staff of other programs? Groundbreaking.

As far as legitimacy, LSU hired Cam Cameron. Hard to know what's realistic. UT's recent MO would be more in line with promoting Azzani.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Mike Norvell- Arizona State

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Which is why the word "hypothetical"is in the title.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The offensive coordinator at the College of Faith.

There's one.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Please tell me this isn't a "who yuh gonna git?" thread.

12. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

In the interest of this hypothetical scenario... I highly doubt we would get a lateral move from another P5 conference school.

Best catch would be a deposed former HFC or a position coach. Maybe Kevin Wilson from Indiana? Just throwing names wildly out there.

13. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Can the replacements be hypothetical people? Else i'm out. I don't know 30 cfb assistants. I will hereafter reserve judgment on any and all coaches until I expand my list. I think that was your point?

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think if Bama can hire Kiffin as OC, almost anything is possible

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

People here have gotten so used to negatives that they can't enjoy a win. I'm not talking about "ya were goin undefeated national champs baby!" I'm talking about immediately coming here after a win and complaining about Worley sucking after he had a great first game. Who cares if it was short passed against a nobody? People are just so used to complaining that they don't know how to just enjoy the game. Do you ever notice the amount of posts there complaining about this or that versus something positive? Add in the herd mentality that has been mentioned before. I like this board but it can be depressing to read sometimes. Especially after a win.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yep

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't like his resume. I don't like the style of the offense he runs. I don't like the fact that for, what, 13 games now, he has tried to do some things that his personnel obviously would not allow him to do. But then, you could say the same things about both coordinators and the head coach and wouldn't be much wrong. The main difference is that Butch does seem to be recruiting lights out, which makes up for a hell of a lot.

The thing is, if a negative opinion of Bajakian or Jancek is wrong, it will show soon enough. All the guys have to do is win a championship or two in the next few seasons, and I'll learn to love the zone read with a statue at QB. But if the Dooley fiasco should have proven anything to Vol fans it is that the onus should be on the coach to prove that he is competent and not on message board posters to prove that he is not.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

No. That's not what this is. But everyone immediately assumes it even though I never said. Someone mentioned that it wad earlier and guess what, the herd came in and ran with it even though I never said it.

19. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Are you looking for someone in particular and we just haven't guessed what's in your head yet? I gave you one ... Robert Anae from BYU. Hard nosed and a perfectionist.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I remember last season Worley threw some insane pass over the middle to Devrin Young in the opener. Young caught it for a TD. Jayvols pointed out that it was a bad read and he was lucky the defender wasn't paying attention or it would have been picked. Three weeks or so later, same pattern, same throw, red zone interception. I appreciate such insight. Yeah, enjoy the win, but realize that every little mistake you make against Cupcake State is a potential gamebreaker once SEC play starts.