I keep hearing... (Yet Another Race Discussion)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Umm, not telling you how to go about your argument here, but you should really look at Tables 15 and 16 in the PDF linked on the CDC website.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Looks like since 1980 we are around a 70-75% rate for unwed black women. Thanks chart!

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I shouldn't celebrate that. I was wrong about the current numbers, that's a good thing. I was right about the last 30 years and that is awful. That chart is depressing. Too many men being complete shit human beings.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's not true either. If you averaged the rate across all ages in 1980, you'd be close to 70%.

But you can't average the rates to get to the rate. For example, if you average 2015, you'd get 50%, but if you take births divided by total, you get the true 30%.

But even if you want to do the average, that's fine. It's dropped a percent a year since 1980. So the average over the period of the study, if using that "method" is just 50%.

Now we can probably find a period in time, a snapshot, that will be 70-75% for that year, but if we get to use that date as an example, I doubt you'll like the politics and laws on that date that I'd get to use.

I mean, do you really even want to go back 30 years?

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Raleigh-Durham, and it is getting insane here too. I'm extremely lucky to have a little equity right now, although if I have a second kid, I have no idea how I'm going to pay for an upsized place

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Maybe start talking about overcriminalization then?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

As the economy becomes increasingly centralized, we are going to have to address this. A lot of it is driven by flipping and speculating. Which is partly what led to the last housing bubble.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Gotcha. My neighborhood is rapidly gentrifying. It's wild. You can watch a crack deal across the street from a row of new houses that go for 850k despite being no nicer than the Woodlands at UT.

If I stay in Charlotte there's a zero percent chance I buy until the market comes back into reality.