I know this isn't the recruiting board but....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Eigenvalue'd the ghost Containment Unit.

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Didn't the show "In Living Color" do their own version of Mr Rogers?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes. Jim Carey trashed a video rental store, beat a few people up, and then dared the guy to call the police. And of course no one believes Mr. Rogers did it.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This.

If Butch continues to recruit at his current (and otherworldly, given our recent state) level, but can't sufficiently solve our QB conundrum, we'll get better, but we won't be "back", at least for 3-5 more seasons, if ever, while he's here.

I'm loving all of this, I really am...but I don't see the game-changing QB that we desperately need. Its worrisome that I see at least a dozen QB's that'd I'd love to have, and who are playing at some woefully lesser school, seemingly each and every week.

Frankly, I wonder why we haven't landed one, already, given how well we've done at every other position. We don't seem to even be after any, much less threatening to pull one.

Can someone who understands why this is, explain it to me?

Do they think they have it solved? And if so, how and by whom?

Are we even after anyone besides Dormady and the Middle TN kid? If so, who, and how likely are out chances?

If we're not after anyone, WTF, over?

5. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I think some of you are writing off Dobbs entirely too quickly. I may be wrong but I think he has all the tools to be a very good QB in this offense. JMO.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We have three committed, one of which may swap to a different position. Obviously would have been great to get a guy last year, but I'm glad he didn't take some bum just to have him. The guy from NC in the 2016 class is supposed to be pretty good.

7. Tenacious D

I'd love for this to be the case. Sincerely.

Tell me more. Convince me.

8. Tenacious D

If any of them aren't hit-the-ground-running game changers, we'll be starting a true frosh in Hurd's junior season.

That sucks to even think about it.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I was implying more from 2016 on.

And I'm not completely against Nathan Peterman for 2015 and I think Dormady will provide a lot of competition starting in 2016.

10. Tenacious D

I'd rather we land an elite QB, even if it caused the entire next class' average rating to fall by a full star.

That's how important it is, IMO.

11. Tenacious D

The thought of not making significant noise until 2016 makes me want to vomit.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Jason Campbell wasn't a very good QB until his SR year. Sometimes it takes certain players longer than others. Just because he's book smart doesn't mean he can instinctively know where to put the ball every play.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

IMO, Peterman will be the starter next year with a freshman coming in mid to late season and overtaking him...unless he starts living up to his Elite 11 4* billing.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We have three four star QBs committed from the '15 and '16 class.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It blows. Really sucks that QBs generally are recruited for at least a couple of years and Dooley didn't give us a foot in the door with any decent ones.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably had more to do with Al Borges taking over as OC.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe that is what we need: a new OC.

18. Tenacious D

# of stud / immediate player in that group?

Legit question.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I dunno.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

How many immediate QB's are there really? If they start immediately, it is because there was literally no one else. We do have two potential elses.