I know this isn't the recruiting board but....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Sep 25, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Needing an immediate QB is bad for bidness

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

QB is OK for the next year or so. I have kept a very virulent strain of Peterman Fever in my storage fridge for next year.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you can find someone who has run the same system in HS or at a JC and can be a fall enrollee it can be non horrible.

4. MWR

MWR Contributor

And if Worley is the best QB you have, that tell a lot about the state of UT football.

(And he is the starter.)

5. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Worley has in my opinion turned into a pretty decent qb.

6. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

Yeah but we're severely limited with him, in that we don't have the deep threat, even with all our marquee perimeter players.

All he can do is throw up prayers and count on North and company to make amazing circus catches. But yeah, he's turned into a decent short game guy. I've only seen him throw it in the dirt twice so far this year.

Last year that seemed to happen every other throw.

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Worley has very very very badly missed on some open deep throws.

I think 2 times Malone got separation against OU and Worley missed him and Worley had previously missed other open throws but didn't hurt us as much as we were already up big on USU and ASU.

I think the staff understood it and that's why they called designed deep routes. The player was there. Worley missed him.

Worley is just a high floor/low ceiling guy. And for 2014 that's probably the best mix given an immature running game in an ineffective system behind a very young and green OL.

8. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

Yeah, I think 'decent' is his ceiling, and thank goodness he's reached that at least.

My new nickname for him is 'US ARMY'...he's literally being all he can be.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So, this Tuttle cat, he any good?

10. NorrisAlan

Dude looks fast for a guy that big

[video=youtube;Qbx0Cfph8so]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbx0Cfph8so[/video]

11. NorrisAlan

These were the first two things I found on google. I am no judge of talent what-so-ever, so not sure what I am seeing. Seems to have quick feet and hands though.

[video=youtube;zccERHFccZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zccERHFccZc[/video]

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I saw a pretty good guard that could move his feet.

13. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Ryan Bartow from 247 said he's one of the best prospects he's seen in 9 years of covering recruiting and that he was the best player in NC as a Freshman.

14. MWR

MWR Contributor

In my opinion, he is a lot better than he was last year. But that may not be saying much. Like others mentioned, his long throws have missed - badly. And I always thought that when the D doesn't have to respect the long ball, that makes playing D easier.

But of course, I'm an old AFL man and I like the bomb. As John Madden said, "When they crossed the 50 yard line, we went into our goal line defense."

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

salient point

Our offense won't work until we have a QB that can somewhat consistently deliver a deep ball. As a contradiction to others here, I don't have an issue with all or even most of Bajakians playcalling. He's set up deep passes well and the designated read has been open. Worley also saw the read and delivered. He just didn't execute.

While execution is a 50/50 mix of player/coach to find blame with, I have noticed that. There have been wide open spaces for Worley all year last year also and he didn't hit them.

And unfortunately for Bajakian's stupid playcall on 3rd and 2... Pig was actually open on the slant for a TD. Worley just butchered the read. A read that should never have been on him to begin with, to be honest. But he did jack up that read:

[​IMG]

I guess I'll probably apologize in advance for poking the bear, stirring up the hornets nest, etc.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

my issue isn't playcalling DC. It's offense design. The offense doesn't work for this group of players in any way and isn't going to.

17. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Honest questions:
    do you think he knows that but has to get the system in for long term success? And take lumps as well as look bad in the process.
    Do you, as a coach, change what you do early on to adapt to talent or lack thereof? This is what many want and I understand. But then you are adapting again soon and have to start over with instilling an offense. Having no scheme specific upperclassmen linemen to teach the young guys is an obstacle and it''ll be 2 more years before we have that.
    I can also see changing up a few years into a rebuilt program much easier than adapting to your talent early on. The question is do I trust this offense to look good when it's put together and I have no confidence.
    UT won't win big again until we have a mobile qb and Kesling is gone anyway. At least there is a glimmer of light.

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Agree 100%.

That's the frustrating part of the square peg/round hole crap.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Never apologize for making an entirely reasonable and well-considered point. Some may disagree with your conclusion or facts, but everyone will appreciate this approach.

Kudos.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

"Where is tall man?" ?