I Think We Need to "Prepare" for a 10 Win Season Next Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 30, 2015.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Henry is, Lacey was, Richardson was...

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The schedule-placement is also horrendous. I have no doubt that schedule was a major factor in keeping us close this year. It goes the other way next year.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You've got Bama and your second best team (A&M) is right at .500 in the conference the past three years. Yeah. That schedule is begging for an 0 in the L column.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seriously, which of those programs can take their recruiting rankings over the past few years, stack them next to ours, and claim to have comparable talent? I'm thinking Bama, TAMU, and UGA is it.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I could see 8-4 happening again.

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Make no mistake next year these idiots will be tested early and often. Appy State is a dangerous opener.

7. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Just ask our OC.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We'll beat everybody but Bama.

Come at me, bros.

9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Call me when we beat florida.

We won't win 10 games next year because we are incapable of winning 9 during the regular season.

It's that simple. Lemme go check the schedule...

Here ya go..
    Bama, florida, VT, and @TAMU. that's 4 losses right there. And uga won't have richt to richt them anymore, so that's a toss up in my book... and if muschamp goes to sakerlina? ..well... corch botch ain't beat muschamp yet.

10 wins? No. ****ing. Way. Possible.

10. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

What does that matter? Talent comes and the depth chart is deeper.. kids bust... 3 stars become all americans..

Coaching is the constant factor.

Talent wise, we should win 10.
    Coaching factor says we go 8-4 or worse.

We were better than oklahoma, better than florida, and better than arkansas this year. And we corch botched it. ...and I'm not counting bama because we got lucky to catch them on a down day. We're still nowhere near the level of bama.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We aren't losing to Virginia Tech.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Agree

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Or anyone else not named Bama

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Please

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't know about that, but VaTech is all sorts of bad.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Beamerball wasn't any better two years ago. Went into Columbus and beat eventual national champion Ohio State.

Foster can ugly a game up enough to make it competitive or even pull one out of their asses every once in a while.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They're not beating us.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Our schedule is a joke. Only loss is Bama. Only other one that worries me is UF, just because of the mental side of it.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yep, more realistic than most want or care to admit

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Not sure what you mean by "mental side." Florida beat us this year because their coaches are smarter than ours. Florida beat us last year because our coaches were bigger idiots than theirs were.

You should also worry about @ Georgia and @ A&M. We will not hold a humongous talent advantage over either, and this staff doesn't have a history of winning when we don't have a humongous talent advantage. Also, you should retain at least a modicum of concern for Missouri, @ South Carolina, and Va Tech just because those are real schools that play football and you never really know what UT is going to roll out.