If Bortles Is First QB Drafted

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 24, 2014.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The argument should be which QB goes first in the second round. None of these QBs are first round guys, IMO.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Bold statement. And not one I agree with.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It wasn't that obvious to Bama's previous OC, who passed them right out of the SEC Championship.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Manziel is the biggest boom or bust. He's either a super star or a ryan leaf.

I think Bridgewater will be, at worst, a Kyle Orton type that bounces around and is always decent but never great. At best, he is the black Drew Brees

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Maybe ... but it's equally as bold to predict that either one of the top QBs in the class (TB or JFF) will live up to a top 5 pick. That is a sentiment that I do not agree with. Different strokes. Draft will be interesting this year. I'm anxious to watch some of these WRs in the league.

6. kidbourbon

There's a reason he's the previous OC.

7. kidbourbon

I agree with that last part. They're both really accurate 20 yards in. TB isn't a particularly cerebral guy,* which likely lowers his ceiling.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Because he's a Yankee and he wanted to go back up north.

9. kidbourbon

Florida didn't become the third most populous state on account of yankees liking it better up north.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Drafting crappy QBs in the first round might be the sheepiest thing NFL guys do. Nevermind if they can play or not. We need a QB, there's a QB, draft one! (It's probably already been said, but I've been off and on).

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like claiming Canadians like it better up north. Here InVolNerable is.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It wasn't an all-inclusive statement. Some people are weird.

13. kidbourbon

It would only be sheepy if they were in fact crappy. JFF can play. Teddy Bridge can play.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Was speaking generally. I'm not sure about either of those dudes. So much depends on where guys end up.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I agree but I would be shocked if he did more than "pretty good". Great athlete. He has a big arm but looks like he doesn't throw a ball the same way twice. 25 years ago and he's Heath Shuler

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What's the extra F for? ****ing?

Anyway, I love Johnny Football. Unless he ends up with a OC who wants to make him something that he is not, I believe he's gonna have a tremendous career.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will not amount to shit in the NFL.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He's a football playin' Jesse. He'll be successful.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'll take my chances on Manziel over Bridgewater. Then again, I don't think I have the best track record in predicting how quarterbacks will do.

20. kidbourbon

Sure guy.