Is It Okay For People To Be Racist Privately?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Apr 28, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

About Adam Silver's powers?

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How many kids does Sterling have? Schott had none, so nobody gave a damn about her taxes.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Give me time to respond to the first one, Sparky.

See my last post.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's still LA and he has floor seats.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I have no idea, but any of the heirs would get that treatment.

6. kidbourbon

I agree that owning an NBA franchise isn't exactly the same as owning a private company. I'm still not sure that showing him the door for private statements is the right thing to do....if the NBA in fact had that power.

7. hatvol96

Stern had no problem getting into Mark Cuban's wallet for far less. If the commissioner can negate properly negotiated trades, blasting Sterling shouldn't be a problem.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And let me be clear. I don't give a shit about his taxes. He's been slime forever.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Him boycotting the Paul trade to the lakers in favor of the clippers sure isn't going to go down well in history.

10. kidbourbon

He doesn't have floor seats.

[​IMG]

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Close enough. I bet they run $750 a ticket at least.

12. JayVols

He can start his own league if he wants, but there are standards that must be followed when we join an organization on our own free will. There's more to consider than just the Clippers.

13. kidbourbon

I think it is. Based on what I've read about the power of the Commissioner in the NBA, there isn't a ton that can be done here.

Cuban's fines have always been relate to comments about the league itself (officiating, etc.), and they were public comments.* Sterlings comments were not public, and weren't related to basketball operations.

*Correct me if I'm wrong

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It'd be one thing if said standards were stated. But they aren't. I'd be kicked out of multiple organizations for doing bad deads, but they are listed. They aren't up for interpretation. Hell the nets is run by a guy who has probably ordered dozens of killings.

15. kidbourbon

What are the standards, though? The "be a decent person" standard is tough to enforce.

16. kidbourbon

No way.

17. JayVols

I'm sure the league has a morality standard, then again, I could be wrong.

Regardless, having a known racist owner is bad for the NBA. Would you allow an idiot to damage your organization?

18. JayVols

"Don't be a racist [Penis]" isn't.

19. hatvol96

Just because you don't want comments to become public doesn't mean they aren't when they make it into the media.

20. hatvol96

"Don't do something that runs off major sponsors" isn't tough to quantify.