Is this it for Mark Richt?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 1, 2015.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Huh?

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Greene, Shockley, Stafford, Murray

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Greene and Shockley won the SEC. Murray I believe has the NCAA record for career wins.

4. RockyHill

I couldn't tell if you were serious or not.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

In 15 years that group has 2 SECC between them. Not very impressive IMO.

6. RockyHill

Now that I know you were serious, this is just a dumb statement.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Please. He's had great college QBs.

8. RockyHill

We are agreeing, are we not?

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Didn't see it that way, but maybe we are. Right has won some conf titles with great talent, but has always lost games he shouldn't have when it mattered.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yes, but the AD can use that as leverage as well. "We need to open the checkbook and spend some money to find us a proven coach. We can't do what Tennessee did,invest years on a cheap hire and hope it works out."

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It was said here and by many UGA fans that he can't be fired this year because UGA might lose QB prospect Eason.

Do you agree with that?

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How so; with those QBs (and all of the talent they have had around them) and 15 years he only has 2 SECC to show for it. That impresses you?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  13. RockyHill

You said he hadn't done anything with elite QB's. He has 7 top 10 finishes in 12 years w/ Greene, Shockley, Stafford and Murray. That is not nothing.

As for the Eason thing, Richt may well win 10 games 2 or 3 times with him as QB. Georgia has to decide if that's enough.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Sorry; for me it is about the Championships and not the participation trophies.

I hope they keep Richt for 15 more years.

15. RockyHill

Jesus Christ. I'm not worshipping the man. You said Richt did nothing with those QB's. You are objectively and unquestionably wrong.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hope that all SEC teams have a majority of dumbass fans who also buy into the "consistency of mediocrity", just as we have at Tennessee.

"Consistency" ranks right up in the rare air of the stupidest fan theories, along the likes of "dominating the time of possession", "excellent ambassador for the school", "funds raised by athletic director", "high-character recruits", " the importance of being a student of the game" and "historical winning percentage".

I hope that UGA doesn't make the same "mistake" as Tennessee by firing a perennially underachieving has-been, and instead, allows him to hang on for several more years, so as to "right the ship", believing that Richt didn't "just turn stupid" and can do so, that is, if he's only given another year or dozen to do so.

17. Tenacious D

When I'm UTAD, I'll throat punch the first MF who suggests that we base any decision on a particular recruiting class / kid or upcoming opponent. And then I'll fire her / him by opening to the door, on the assumption that they are too stupid to operate the handle.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Your opinion means nothing to me. It has been said of Tennessee - “I believe it is reasonable to expect us to play for the SEC title three or four times every 10 years and win a couple. I think those are expectations that we can and should meet at the University of Tennessee given our history along with the resources and fan support,”

I doubt UGA feels differently. He has fallen woefully short of those expectetations with very talented teams including QBs like the ones I listed.

19. Tenacious D

The absolute floor - rock bottom - for UGA should be a 10 win season, and a trip to Atlanta every other year, at the very least.

I don't think it unreasonable to say that they should be playing for a NC once every 4-6 years, given all of their resources and location to top-tier talent.

20. RockyHill

Well there's a lot I could say here, but I'll just stick with saying that you're definition or understanding of what woefully short means is a bit off.