Is this it for Mark Richt?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 1, 2015.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Who came in #7 in 2004? Who came in #6 in 2007? Who came in #9 in 2011? etc. etc. Who give a ratz azz; it is about Championships.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

So if you don't win it all your season doesn't count, got it. I mean I don't disagree with the principle behind what you're saying, you're just going to far with it.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

OK I will remove the word "woefully". My point still stands - It has been said of Tennessee - “I believe it is reasonable to expect us to play for the SEC title three or four times every 10 years and win a couple. I think those are expectations that we can and should meet at the University of Tennessee given our history along with the resources and fan support,”

I doubt UGA feels differently. He has fallen short of those expectations with very talented teams including QBs like the ones I listed.

4. RockyHill

The 1985 Vols say eat a bag of *****.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Many people win Championships without "winning it all".

6. RockyHill

Whatever man. You can move the goalposts and say it's all about championships. Ultimately, the only thing that matters is your coach and Richt has been a damn good one. If I'm a Georgia fan I want him gone, but the odds of them doing better in the next 15 years than they did in the past 15 isn't very good.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Fulmer and Richt say thank you for your support.

8. RockyHill

God you're being an ass. Just give it up, you went in too hard on this Richt sucks thing.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anyone who claims that sports is about anything other than winning championships is either ignorant, misinformed, carrying water, lying, stupid or some combination of each.

Sure, there are some degrees of success between here and there, but none that matter.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Fulmer's 2001 team finished #4. His 2007 team finished #12; is that good or should we only count top 10 finishes?

Perhaps I have been to hard on him too.

11. RockyHill

I like the fire and passion, but that second paragraph is objectively wrong. It just is. Please reconsider the meaning of it, because you're a smart guy who knows better.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm not sure a lot of people outside East Tennessee know who came in #1 in 1998.

It's about championships and a little more often than one every 20 years would be nice.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No, it's not wrong. Believing otherwise is nothing but maladaptive thought, taken root.

1. Why do we keep score? To see who wins.
    2. Why do we have standings? To see who leads.
    3. Why do we have playoffs? To determine a champion.

It's the entire point.

14. RockyHill

Unless you're willing to say that there's no difference between Tennessee football and Vandy football in the past 15 years, then yes you are in fact wrong.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There is a difference?

16. RockyHill

I swear, are yall really gonna do this to me. I know I I've annoyed people on here but come the actual f**k on. We are not going to really argue this are we?

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Vandy, historically speaking, has had a better 15 years than we have. We underachieved in 01 and have all but sucked since. Franklin won meaningful games for Vandy.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why was James Franklin so popular? I suspect because Vandy fans felt that he gave them a chance to win a Championship and not because they wanted an AP top 25 finish.

19. RockyHill

I did not say historically and don't distort the point. Oklahoma State is not Kansas. Clemson is not NC State. Wisconsin is not Purdue.

Degrees of success matter greatly, if you disagree you are not intelligent.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Imo, my happiness about our play is steeped in my expectations. If we meet or exceed them, good. If we fall below them, bad.

UT has spent well over a decade falling way short of its ability. Vandy has not.

The silliness about who isn't what made no sense to me. Who we are sets the expectations.