It may be time to cut ties with California

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ben4vols, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You heard any of the rumors that the FBI has opened an investigation on Berkeley's mayor for Civil Rights violations?

I'm sincerely asking, and legit don't know if it's true or not.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

haven't heard that, but I think the guy is pretty ****ed. he apparently told the police to let them riot. he could easily be held responsible for any damage or injuries.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If he told the police this, he needs to be in jail. And I would demand the jobs of the police chief as well for following such an unlawful order.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I believe it 100%. This is nothing new. Berkeley and it's police have a long history of not being willing to step in to stop protests that have turned violent. they are so terrified of having a police brutality situation that they go way into the other direction. anyway look at the video. it seems pretty apparent they were at least told to not go in bashing heads.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No they aren't.

7. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Obviously it would be a great loss and it would weaken us...at least short term. However, I think long term it strengthens the Republic.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This is a terrible argument. A large portion of that GDP would remain.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I assume you know this is ridiculous.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Actually, the November election results 100 % agree with me. Look it up.

11. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

California, long term, would fail. Unless she changes politically which I don't see or the US becoming less enviable than Cali which I don't see either.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

This country would be unrecognizable without it.

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

As much as you may want that to be true, it isn't.

14. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It would be a huge loss, but at some point the political impact is greater than the financial impact. Also, long term, I think the millionaires and billionaires come back to the U.S. How does CA keep them without taxing them to death?

15. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Tenny, you agree with me more than you don't. My position is not insane and after giving it more thought you would probably agree.

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Tell me how.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do we replace the loss of intellectual capital, the loss of agricultural output, and how do we then secure the border between them and Nevada?

how do you prevent a domino effect of Oregon and Washington leaving? What makes the NE want to hang around to live under your new "mainstream?"

Seems like you're all for destroying the United States to bring in your own libertarian dream. I guarantee you that wouldn't be the outcome. You'd get at least 3 nations, with the central one ruled by a Christian Ayatollah.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If California were to somehow leave, I do think there would be a domino effect.