Kentucky 2021… Fraud or For Real?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I see they’re playing Mississippi State tomorrow. Not sure what to make of that, if anything. MSU with Leach runs an uptempo, high pressure offensive scheme akin to what Heupel does here. Does that give UK an advantage against the Vols next week (provided they actually win…) or, if they get boatraced does it provide UT a blueprint for how to attack the UK defense? Not sure what State’s defense is like. I really don’t care enough about MSU or UK to keep up with either, honestly but I am interested in this particular game as it pertains to our chances of beating a “top-15” team.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Neither. They’re a good team nothing more, nothing less. If Tennessee plays well next Saturday, they should win.

3. Savage Orange

Which is a distinct departure from the past several years. There were quite a few games where the players did their job but got handcuffed by the coaches. That’s no longer the case in Knoxville and I honestly expect a win next week. UK is a quality opponent for sure but they aren’t Bama or Georgia either. They can be beaten but like you said, in order for that to happen we can’t do the heavy lifting for them.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I haven’t totally decided whether I want them to lose tomorrow and be down on themselves or win and have us beat a top 15 team on the road.

Either way, I think they have a good D and an iffy offense. I think our offense against their D is better than their offense against our D. But it could be pretty close.

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

IMO Kentucky is a decent to good team. I think their ranking is justified. If we get the majority of our boys healthy for that game, I think we walk out of supermarket stadium* a winner.

*trademarked

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Martinez been there a decade. They could get beat or win tomorrow. Same next week. Nothing special.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Mississippi State upsets them ruining their season a week earlier than we might like.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Kentucky losing early and often is never a bad thing in my book

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Leach’s offense isn’t really much like what we do though

10. Savage Orange

I haven’t really kept up with them enough to know, honestly. I just know Leach like to try to score a lot of points. Is he more like a Spurrier Fun ‘n Gun type?

11. Tar Volon

He likes to get it to playmakers in space, as do we, and isn’t afraid to use short passes to involve RBs. That might be about as far as it goes…

Savage Orange, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Miss States offense is not like ours

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I definitely want them to win, it'll be more painful when we smash that azz next saturday.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If we can beat them then we want them with just the one loss. They'll be stiff as [uck fay], especially considering that their win last year was a fluke.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Traditional air raid.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Leach doesn't run the ball

Savage Orange likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They are good. Not as good as teams we've shown we can hang with. Having the bye week before them should help us a lot.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wouldn't mind Martinez getting knicked up a little. That dude seems good for 4 yards whenever he needs it

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Tar Volon

Letting the other team move the ball, having their own offense bottled up, and still leading…2021 Kentucky in a nutshell.

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

MSU basically giving us the gameplan for next week