Kentucky 2021… Fraud or For Real?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Oct 29, 2021.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The problem with tonight is that Tennessee won't catch them stiff. The grocery stadium will be rocking, and they'll be loose and still have a 10 win season ahead of them. Tennessee has to be sharp and not let penalties get them. We keep the drive killing penalties in check, stop the run, and win the turnover battle, we beat them.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Hopefully we see the same Levis next week. 3 picks.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Finished 36-39 344 yards.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They’re as likely to be shell-shocked as they are to come out with something to prove. The first quarter is going to mean a lot. Early mistakes could be a killer.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're Kentucky, we're Tennessee. Tennessee beats Kentucky

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's like mac and cheese, or peanut butter and jelly. They just go together.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If it we're anybody but Tennessee the shell shock thing might get them. But a win over Tennessee is sweeter to them than a loss over Miss St is bitter (if that makes sense). We will get their A game.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Let the twitter trash talk begin

9. juicemane

juicemane Member

At this point I would be shocked to lose.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've been pretty lenient and graceful for this season. But if we lose Saturday I will be absolutely pissed. There's no sense in it.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Doesn’t it feel good to EXPECT to beat teams like Kentucky again, rather than cross your fingers and hope for the best because either the coaches, players or both are checked out already at this point in the season? The past few years, I haven’t taken ANY win for granted and I really enjoy feeling like I did 20 years ago when the UK game rolled around.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. Savage Orange

I’m feeling very confident that Heupel & Co. will take Kentucky’s A game and shove it right up their A hole on the way to a comfortable victory.

VOLinDAWGland and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  13. Tar Volon

I’ll be shocked if we aren’t clearly superior in the stats. Just gotta not give them cheap points and we should win. Curious to see what the line will be. Rare to see a ranked team as a home underdog to an unranked team, but I’m thinking Vols -2.5 or so.

edit: apparently Kentucky -4? That surprises me quite a bit, and honestly worried me a little bit, because the oddsmakers don’t usually drop easy money like that.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. Savage Orange

That’s the early line, and usually in any sort of toss-up type thing the home team gets 3 points. I bet that line moves as the week progresses.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Kentucky is -5?

What?

16. Tar Volon

I’m just surprised they see Kentucky as better on a neutral field. I’d figure UT is 4-6 points better, so factor in venue and its Vols by less than a FG. UK by one or two wouldn’t have shocked me, but UK by 4+ does.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

kentucky was just in the top 15. The Vols haven't done shit in years

Memtownvol, A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I ain't skeert. The -4 is just a bookie thang.
    Trying to see if the kentucky boys will put their money where their mouth is. (Teed that one up for y'all).

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. Savage Orange

ESPN has UK as a 3 point fave. Where are y’all seeing 5?

Adequate disclosure… I’m not and never have been a gambler… except for that bet (that I lost!!) with Cotton filling in for Indy…

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. Tar Volon

Kentucky was just in the top 15 and were underdogs to Mississippi State (and got smoked). Not unusual for point spreads to be significantly out-of-step with polls.