Kentucky 2021… Fraud or For Real?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Oct 29, 2021.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

As I said last week, if UT plays well, they’ll win. Levis will hurt UT some with his legs, but Wandale Robinson is the only real threat that they have on the perimeter. Shut down Rodriguez and it’s really hard to see UK scoring more than 21-24. Kentucky is decent against the run, but they play a soft zone, so the short passing game should be wide open all day. Plus Hooker should be able to hurt them some with his legs. Feels like a 31-21 type of game.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    Savage Orange likes this.
  2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Kentucky has better athletes on defense than we do and the best player on the field Saturday in Robinson, not that surprising they are favored.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The worrying thing is if we don't execute in the short passing game and they stop our run game. That's a bad recipe for us

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Will be interesting to see how this shakes out, but per Vegas Insider, we’ve already crossed two key numbers going from +4 to +2.5.

It’s kinda wild that we’re only 1-4 ATS as an underdog this season, but I still think we’re the better team. If we can get the Kentucky crowd out of it early and the Kentucky offense playing from behind, it’s going to be a fun night. If we commit 11 false starts, with nine of them on third down (I didn’t look up Florida’s exact penalty stats in Lexington, but it was something like this), we may go to 1-5.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Can we stop them on 3rd down and the qb run. Last 2 games have been awful at both giving up at least 10 qb runs on 3rd and 4th down for first downs. Est 10 possessions our offense could have gotten the ball back in pretty tight games into the 4th. How many of those do we score on? No less than 3-4

IP likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Levis is comparable to Corral and Young

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the QB run issues is more of a talent issue.

They're playing some great coverage on the back end while being solid against the running game.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They are only averaging 191 yards in the air per game. Their strong suit is their running game, which plays right into our defense. They barely beat UT-Chattanooga and South Carolina.

Their QB has 180 yards rushing for the season. Corall has 519 as a reference.

We crush them.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No he's not but he's capable of moving the chains on 3rd down with his legs and there has been plenty of space.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think Bryce Young had negative yards rushing before playing us, but I think that’s more based on his preference than athletic ability

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Of Corral's 519, 195 came against us.

12. NorrisAlan

Oh, sure. Bring facts and numbers into this.

But in all seriousness, minus that 200 yards, he still doubles Levi's and has had bad wheels since playing us, gaining only 60 yards in two games.

I think we crush KY, as is proper.

justingroves likes this.
  13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

We’re going to smoke these losers. I only hate that state got to do so a week before us.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Levis is more our speed

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Line is down to Kentucky -1 already, which is much closer to what I expected (I expected UT by less than a FG, but there’s not a whole lot of difference between -1 and +1 in a sport without ties)

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If Hooker doesn’t get frostbite and we are healthy, I will be surprised if we don’t pound them. They are flat out predictable. If they play without flukey mistakes they can drag it into a brawl but we are better. Period. And it’s sister kissing KY.

Vols 38
    KY 17

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think this team is still just to beat up to win. I think UK wins ugly.

18. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Funny as a screen door on a battleship.

10SEvols likes this.
  20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think we will be just healthy enough now. Isn’t Calbert a possibility to return as well?