Kentucky 2021… Fraud or For Real?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Oct 29, 2021.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don’t think KY will give us 3 line looks. But KY plays ugly. Just got to get on them early. Cannot give them cheap scores either. If we get Evans back and 1/2 our OL we should be ok

Tar Volon likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Get our lines healthy, don’t give them any defensive/special teams scores (or short fields), and that should be enough to win.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They look so bad

4. Tar Volon

They’re getting exposed. They’re the same team they’ve been for four years. The defense is good enough to keep them in games and even steal them if they get a few short fields. But it’s not good enough to totally take over the game, and the offense is mediocre at best.

I’ll be a little surprised if we’re not favored in Lexington. I won’t be shocked if we lose, because they’re really good at taking advantage of mistakes, and we make our fair share of them. But we have the opportunity to win convincingly if we can start strong. Our offense is good enough to go toe-to-toe with their defense, and I’m not sure their offense is as good as our D. Of course, it becomes much tougher if we can’t get some guys healthy on the lines.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Yeah they look flukey bad. Not sure I like that. They are getting terrible bounces and about to implode. Hard to play that bad twice in a row

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They struggled with Mizzou, Carolina, and UTC. They beat a bad LSU team in their best played game of the year and beat a Florida team we should kick ourselves for losing to.

Sorry, not scared.

7. Tar Volon

They’ve played one-score games to Missouri, South Carolina, and Chattanooga. This isn’t a fluke, it’s who they are. They can drag you into a rock fight and beat you. But they can’t handle getting into a hole.

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Kentucky play calling has been let’s say questionable. I know that MSU has a good run defense, but Chris Rodriguez only having six carriers is ridiculous.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm going to see us beat them and demoralize them in person next week.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I’ll be there too. It’s been a long time since I’ve wanted UT to win a game as bad as I want them to next week. It’s been unbearable living here the last few weeks. I thought that the UGA ass whipping would have been a reality check. But people here still think they’re going to win 10 or 11 games and even find a way to get into the playoffs.

lylsmorr and Tar Volon like this.
  11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Gentlemen, I believe we have our answer.

Definitely a fraud.

12. Tar Volon

I’m still kinda waiting for/scared of us dropping a total stinker, because improvement tends to come in fits and starts and Kentucky is the sort of team that can kill you if you make mistakes.

that said, I think we might’ve already had our stinker in Gainesville? Every game Florida plays makes it harder to understand how we got beat by 20

TDVol1989, Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Pitt was also a stinker

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Also, Emory Jones plays better when he's not looking over his shoulder at AR15

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. Tar Volon

…meh? We let a fantastic QB convert a ridiculous amount of 3rd and 4th downs, we had a bunch of penalties and a couple rough series surrounding the QB change. But we put up 34 points and were a terrible call away from tying it at 41. We were the only team to hold them under 5 yards per play. There was a lot of good football between the mistakes.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The scoreless second quarter, the drive killing penalties, turnovers. It was not a well played game, we play like we did in October, and we beat them by 3 tds

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yeah that wasn’t even close to a stinker performance. Don’t forget about the 100 yard missed FG return TD that was called back for a BS block in the back call.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Tennessee scored 10 points in the second quarter.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Which is for them to commit 6 turnovers.

20. Tar Volon

Turnovers could be 0-0 and MSU would be winning. They’re passing at will.

justingroves likes this.
  21. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's 34 of 37 isn't he?