Kim Davis

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JT5, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The [itch bay] doesn't understand she doesn't have the discretion to not allow gays because she doesn't like it.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The only single shot I could possibly see is under title vii or rfra. This is crazy.

Good grief.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Title VII and RFRA are to protect the people from the government. Kim Davis is the government. If she wants to protect herself from other government, she can resign, and no longer be part of the government. Kim Davis, County Clerk is not "people." Kim Davis, County Clerk is Government.

She has no legal claim. At all.

5. NorrisAlan

Exactly. The minute she walks through that door in the morning she ceases to be a private citizen and is now a public servant.

Imagine if she were a Jain and refused to issue carry permits?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I mainly agree with you. I'm just saying that holds more wrought, with me, than what she is trying to do.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And if you don't like that drive to the next town.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Well, I guess you can hold your breath and stomp your feet until this lady decides she going to give you a license?

9. NorrisAlan

No, you do what they have been doing. Complaining until it goes to court forcing the government to do its job. Not Kim Davis, but the government whom Kim Davis is acting as a representative of.

I am honestly surprised that there is any debate about this. Use any other example except marriage and people would be going apeshit over this. Anything. Drivers license, carry permit, housing permit.

Anything else.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Agreed, anyone backing this woman is stupid as hell.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Nope. I guess they'll just wait until she gets out of jail and decides to start handing them out.

12. fl0at_

Her deputies have been issuing since the day after she was put in jail. Some, if not all, the original 5 already got their license.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Problem solved.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The thing is, she doesn't have a choice. Her job is to do it, regardless of her religious views, per the oath she took when she accepted her position.

15. fl0at_

Theoretically. But she has already stated her desire to prohibit her deputies from issuing licenses, on her return to work tomorrow.

And she also likely has the ability to fire those employees should they refuse those orders.

We won't know if the problem is solved until she returns to work, and a couple attempts to obtain a license while she is present.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Ok, that's fine. I said it's bullshit she spent more time in jail that a guy that committed a real crime, then I sugested that if gays want to really get married that bad, go to the next town over.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How many gay couples live in this town? Or are they coming to this town to pile on?

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

What does it matter? Do your job or be gone. Hell can't burn hot enough for that ****. Hope her family gets hit by a bus while she watches.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

...or use the courts to force the county to follow the law.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She put herself in jail and decided how long she would stay.