Knox Media and Fake News

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 26, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, good. I already sent glitter to the Griffith residence.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Swain retreated some stuff from Griffith in 2015 where Griffith said the fans deserved better... funny how his tune changed from when he was in Michigan to when he was back in knoxville.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

You mean journalists?

4. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Reporting things factually isn't an attribute of Griffith.

5. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

His comments about the 05-06 players with one bowl victory and such was true. Still tar and feather-worthy, IMO.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

GCB is going to be pissed you wasted perfectly good glitter.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's only marginally better, in my opinion. A lot of these guys passed up offers to championship level programs (Jalen Hurd and Ohio State, for example) to come play for this lying piece of crap that said he'd get us there.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Heard about five minutes of Ainge this morning. They actually allowed a negative caller. He identified himself as a fan of another school, I missed which school, and sounded like a complete moron. Anyway, in a caveman style of speaking he managed to communicate that he thinks Butch is not a very good coach and that we should fire him.

Ainge responded by asking him what he'd do differently. He said he'd hire an interim and begin trying to get Chip Kelly. Ainge says, no if you were coach what would you do differently than Butch? Guy (now keep in mind this guy sounds like the dude from Sling Blade) says he'd try to change up the gameplan and get outside the comfort zone because whatever Butch is comfortable doing isn't working, but says he's no coach and didn't really see why his lack of coaching knowledge indicated Butch is a good coach. Basically owned Ainge. Ainge responds by saying that he wouldn't hire this random bumpkin over Butch and that if Butch was such a bad coach there's no way he'd have taken us to how far we'd gotten from 2013 to 2016. He's a full-blown sheep.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

How many times does an overpaid coach have to screw up before these folks get it? It ain't rocket science.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He’s basically turned into a younger Dearstone.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Ainge does get it. He's just sold out to such an embarrassing degree that he's willing to insult anyone proclaiming what he deep down believes is the truth.

12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I find Ainge to be balanced. He said scheme isn't an issue and that play calling is decent. He doesn't think player development or execution are good.

I wanted us to use the spread many moons ago when everyone was moving to it and I saw the success it was having. Now I could care less and think if Dormany is in there we should be in the I but we also dont have a FB.

I couldn't put a finger on it last year and it was hard to criticize when Dobbs and company were lighting up the scoreboard but I do not like Butch's version of it at all.

One thing that bothered me last year was seeing Hurd run wide and Kamara N-S. That seemed backwards. Maybe they were trying to trick the defense LOL.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Huffing rocket fuel could be related to rocket science