Media Mocking Tennessee

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by tvolsfan, Apr 15, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not. Me no care what they write.

2. kidbourbon

I matter, and I'm [dadgum] giddy that Martin left.

3. kidbourbon

I'm not following you. Are you saying you hate the idea that article suggested that UT fans have high expectations but shouldn't?

And, to be clear, I didn't read the article -- neither one of them -- and I'm not going to. Pat Forde and his oversized nose wrote a complete takedown of Calipari. And some of you may have liked it because you hat Cal, but the article was nonsense. Calipari's an excellent coach. I should write an article on the dysfunction of Forde's articles. And also one on his nose, and how it doesn't really fit well with the rest of his face.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Who the fuk is Dana O'Neil?

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Forde nailed it. Dysfuntional is right. Clean house at the top.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate the idea that coaches leave due to Tennessee fans having high expectations. Fulmer had a lifetime contract as long as he won 8 games a year and the majority of the fanbase was tickled shitless with it. Pearl is still a demi God to a lot of the fanbase and he got fired for literally being too stupid to tell the truth.

You've got a chancellor that continues to make it harder to bring in athletes and an athletic department that has no direction due to their biggest boosters going to trial. The school itself is a mess.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

All you need to do to be loved by Tennessee fans - win. Maybe we wouldn't hire and fire coaches so much if any of the ones we hired could do that on a consistent basis.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I love how the one article mentions Indiana as another example, and says that they gave Tom Crean a longer leash. I have numerous friends at IU who admit that he sucks and they want him gone.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Martin better be massively successful at cal because it will be impossible to fire the high character black dude, that graduates his players, that is .500 or better at Cal. Most of the fanbase was extremely happy with the last coach who never even sniffed a sweet 16.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

11. punkcat

punkcat Member

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From the article:

Chickens coming home to roost. You can go your own way, as long as you can foot the bill, because there is a real cost to doing it.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He deserves worse. I loathe Dave Hart.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not so sure I buy that. Better PR-wise to do it this way and if you knew there was some interest from Cal it'd just be poor sense to fire him early and waste millions of dollars.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The only thing I know is that if I were a lifeguard & Dave Hart were floundering in the water, it might take all I've got to throw him a life ring rather than a brick.

17. UT AD is as strong as it's been in years. David Hart is doing a great job and will hire an excellent coach, as he did in football. Delusional people who demand their one dude will continue to be angry.

18. We're getting a better coach than lick licker. If we pay less, even better.

19. Tenacious D

Opinions certainly vary. On all fronts.

Or is that delusional?

20. Tenacious D

Who?

It's all about value, I guess. Perhaps you literally cannot go cheaply enough when hiring someone to head up your second-highest revenue producing sport.

If so, throw my name in the hat to take it - for $1 less than whomever Hart wants to hire.