Media Mocking Tennessee

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by tvolsfan, Apr 15, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

But Tenny D, it doesn't have to be like this. There is clearly too much power/say in one person's/family's hands.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He's always asking for a kick in the [penis].

Well, there ya go.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The one paying the bill generally wants the say in where the money goes.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The check could be split.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Everyone has to be on the same page for that and we got too many hands in the kitchen as it is with the way academics have pushed to the table as well.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It shouldn't be like this. It's unhealthy, and well, dysfunctional. But when you centralize nearly all of the decision-making into a tight and impenetrable core of 2-3 people, this is the natural result.

And when that core is suddenly removed - whether because your attention is drawn more to a new venture, or concerns that far transcend sports, while performing a fact-finding mission for an even higher office, or even to take up slight-of-hand magic as a hobby - and that one centralizing hub of (truly) authoritative people are gone, or otherwise not fully engaged, it leaves a noticeable void. And when the remaining spokes, each already isolated, can't trust the leadership of the assigned person to step into that role, the choices are equally bleak: either you allow the bumbling incompetent(s) to steer the ship, or you refuse to allow it, and can only resign yourself to being adrift, instead, and always placing yourself at the mercy of the tides of circumstance.

And when another segment of your leadership has not only proven to be just as incompetent and self-serving, if not even more so, and who sees the situation as nothing more than an institutional ATM, at best, and an unimportant nuisance, at worst. Or believes that they, and the preferred "side" whom they most want to serve and placate, is best served by the ship remaining both rudderless and defenseless - well, then, you're really screwed. Because while they are not competent enough to correct the situation, they are shameless opportunists who seek to take advantage of it, and who would not correct it, even if they could.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - most would struggle to conceive how such a shit-storm was even possible, much less to understand how that is exactly where we find ourselves, at the present moment.

At some point, the fastest way forward is not through struggling in wars to make small and largely insignificant changes, hopefully, over the course of some years, if even at all. Instead, the fastest - and best - way forward may sometimes be total top-down regime change, at the point from which it all emanates.

And that isn't happening for another six years, minimum, if ever at all.

And even if it does happen, I'm not sure who will be left standing, or that they won't simply march in the next group of lackeys to present some thinly veiled facade of true change.

Of course, all of this is purely fictional, not based on any person or person(s) or any agency or entity. It is purely a fictitious telling of an entirely hypothetical scenario that I have completely imagined, and which is not intended to be perceived as anything more than mindless lies, exaggerations and which is to be entirely unbelievable in every way.

I'm actually just typing all of this to kill some time, and to make a joke. Don't take any of it seriously.

7. Tenacious D

Well, what if you went out with a group of friends and were told that you would be responsible for split the check, but that you couldn't order what you wanted, but only what 2-3 others selected for you?

Would you still split the check?

Would you want to go out to dinner with them, next time? Ever again?

8. Tenacious D

I've heard some allege that the fight is whether such a thing as a "page" even exists, at all.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the meal was good.

10. Tenacious D

Pie. Shit pie.

That's what they selected for you, and after eschewing your choice of Kobe steak, and which you were perfectly willing to pay for.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't want to eat with people who order shit pie.

12. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

Well after all that, let me ask a question...

Well first let me preface it a bit. Back during the other coaching search, I read the comments on here and VN with great interest like most. I even knew a couple of people who knew people, so to speak, but nothing direct. There were several boosters who wanted Gruden and who let it be known. However, as most learned, they obviously didn't have the same pull as a select few.

My question is: what do the boosters think now? I think that's what IP was basically asking, but did they not realize the situation before? Or was it a wake up call? and what part do they play in the new hiring process? If little to none, then what?

I would think it's been that way for years, even decades, so why even bother if they did know?

13. Tenacious D

Its one thing to suspect that your wife is being unfaithful.

It's quite another to wake up with her riding her beau on the bed beside you, and while filming it all on a webcam for a Dutch fetish site, as she laughs at your puzzlement and tears.

The British Parliament says it well, in regards to the PM: "He is the first, amongst equals."

It's always been ok for someone to be first in the pecking order. It's even ok if they have more latitude than you. So long as you've consented to such voluntarily, and when you feel like your opinion still matters.

As a general rule, hypothetically, this is not a group of people who are used to people telling them that they're wrong, despite mountainous evidences to the contrary. They certainly aren't accustomed to, and will not long suffer basically being told that what they want is of no real importance, and that they have no say in any particular matter, especially those of significant importance.

Again, I'm just speaking in pure hypotheticals, about a completely fictitious scenario.

14. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

So basically they've been made to feel important for so long they refuse to remove their heads from the sand? Terrific.

In my limited experience it pissed quite a few of them off, but obviously not enough... or I guess it really didn't matter. It comes to the same.

15. Tenacious D

I would say that a select few have been made to feel downright omnipotent over the years.

And that's fine, until you need something from them. Like money. Or planes.

Again, I'm just spinning a fictional take her about some mythical people of my own imagination.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

REALLY tough crowd.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're my boy kb.

18. kidbourbon

She's able to film it while riding? Pretty talented.

19. kidbourbon

You should be a novelist.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

GoPro IMO