Michelle Obama's excessively large staff.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Jan 10, 2016.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

All you need is a laptop, wifi, and to surf on over to tripadvisor.com to plan all those vacations...

I jest. I jest.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The President and his family have a ceremonial duty, no question about that.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of course they shit, fart, eat, scratch their ass and put their pants on one leg at a time, just like you and I do.

Which is why we don't bow to them, we don't treat them like royalty, because they are not royalty. But the Office (and the family by extension) has certain responsibilities to the Nation to look Presidential. I don't want KFC served at State Dinners.

We can question them, berate their policies, call them all sorts of names. It is our duty, in fact.

But the White House should look like the head of State it is.

IMHO.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

They all need to be looked at for sure. I hope I didn't make it seem like I meant to forget the larger wasters.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh, no. Everyone knows about the elephant in the room. But it is easy to look at the small wastes and bemoan them because they are easier to do something about. But every department in the government could clean up all its waste and we would still be swimming in red ink.

6. OrangeEmpire

Government contractors, that's a nice racket.

Almost as fraudulent as the Department of Transportation.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yes it should reflect the respect for the leader of this great nation, but I truly believe the Presidents , not just Obama, have become like royalty in their lifestyles. I'm not saying put in an outhouse and put a lawnmower in his hands, probably not a bad idea, just not live overly lavish. We need them to respect us too.

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I need me some of them there assistants.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

God don't get me started on the USDOT!

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The First Lady is simply the person married to the president. I couldn't give a crap less about her as long as I'm not paying for her. This is particularly bad.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Oh, and snopes is garbage.

12. OrangeEmpire

It's bad

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I may not be smarter than that. If you want Davy Crockett's wife in the White House, elect Davy Crockett. We elect elites. We get elite wives in the White House.

14. OrangeEmpire

Nancy Reagan got vilified for upgrading the flatware.

This is certainly nothing new.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Even if FL has no official duties, aren't several White House management things left up to them? If the title of the First Lady's staff were changed, would it make a difference? Or are we saying to hell with balls, parties, and the pomp of the White House altogether? Rip down the curtains and put in blinds?

I am seriously asking, I don't really care. I'm already on record as disliking things without practical value.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There you have it. IP hates Michelle Obama, the White House, and 8thmaxim.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yes, I'm sure she has to oversee some things such as balls and parties, but the overall White House management is handled by a staff in place which remains from regime to regime. One thing someone got right. I didn't really go here about White House decor. Curtains are just fine.

18. OrangeEmpire

The White House is just a mere show toy.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This is the dumbest crap possible.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks for the input.