Michelle Obama's excessively large staff.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Jan 10, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My friend Charley Anderson is at it again, going where the US press cares not to go.

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK TAKING CARE OF QUEEN MICHELLE

The Canadian Free Press had to publish this because the USA media is too scared to publish it. This kind of information usually get a person branded as racist, that universal derogatory term for people like me that the president, his family, and Democrats use to excuse whatever the President and this family do.

From Canadian Free Press:
    Just think, Mary Lincoln was ‘taken to task’ for purchasing China for the White House during the Civil War.
    And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary, from her husband's salary.
    Mamie Eisenhower: One-- paid for personally, out of President's salary.
    Total number of Personal Staff Members paid by Tax Payers.
    Jackie Kennedy: -------One
    Lady Bird Johnson___One
    Pat Nixon ---------------One
    Betty Ford---------------One
    Rosaline Carter: ------ One
    Barbara Bush: ---------One
    Hilary Clinton: -------- Seven
    Laura Bush: ----------- One
    Michele Obama: ----- Twenty-two

Michele Obama's personal staff:
    One.. $192,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
    Two.. $160,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
    Three.. $133,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
    Four.. $122,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Director of Communications for the First Lady)
    Five.. $120,000 - Winter, Melissa (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    Six.. $110,000 Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    Seven.. $104,000 - Lilyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
    Eight.. $95,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
    Nine.. $90,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Project for the First Lady)
    Ten.. $85,000 - Burnough, Erinn (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
    Eleven.. $84,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B.(Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
    Twelve.. $82,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
    Thirteen.. $80,000 Fitz, Alan O.(Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
    Fourteen.. $77,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
    Fifteen.. $72,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
    Sixteen.. $70,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
    Seventeen.. $65,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
    Eighteen.. $63,000 - Tubman, Samantha a (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
    Nineteen.. $60,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    Twenty.. $56,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
    Twenty-One.. $55,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
    Twenty-Two.. $55,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

Total $2,075,200 in annual salaries - all for someone we did not vote for and apparently have no control over. 5 are Muslim and 13 are African-American.
    There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life.
    This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One on all ALL Trips, Europe included.
    As of 11/15.2015 the Obama Family has spent over 1.3 Billion dollars on personal family family trips. They were personal, not political or Government related.
    Thank you, Canadian Free Press. Are you racist Obama-hating Trump supporters or just flabbergasted at the ignorance and gullibility of Americans?

Charley Anderson

I find it interesting as hell the only other First Lady to have more than one paid staff is Hilary Clinton.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. Unimane

I swear, someone should catalog the amount of sheer bullshit stories that have circulated about the Obamas throughout the internet and I'm not even talking just about the president. Hell, I expect it for him, considering his position. The nastiness towards Michelle and even his daughters is utterly shocking.

5. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Looks like IP and Unimane have cleared this up.

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Thank goodness for Snopes or some truth may get out there!

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I find it impossible to believe that any First Lady has one and only one staffer. I think you would have to be politically motivated or incredibly gullible to believe that.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

My first thought as well... I'm no fan whatsoever of the Obamas but sheesh... They're not the Spawn of Satan either. I just finished Thomas Jefferson: A Life and now I'm into American Lion (Andrew Jackson). American politics has pretty much always been like this... No matter who is in office you can be sure the most outrageous stories imagineable will be written about them...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  9. Savage Orange

What gets me is that 99% of these stories don't even require Snopes to be exposed as false... The junk about Obama and executive orders was so obviously phony that anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of 20th century history would automatically sniff that one out....

10. Unimane

Actually, it isn't true, as noted by the research on the link. Once again, Snopes isn't just making stuff up and claiming to be a final authority, they are just the ones bothering to do the leg work to check out internet claims.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Look her tab when she goes to the Salamander.

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Should have checked it out. I will chastise Charley.

Edit: I refer you to my next post.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I wish snopes would cover her shameless race baiting at Princeton

14. Savage Orange

I still can't get over them giving the Queen of England an iPod....

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Go on...

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was the same way with W. Bush. Someone ranted at me how he was going to institute marshal law and stay in office past his second term. Ridiculous.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just can't trust anything at face value anymore. There are plenty of liberal equivalent chain letters.

18. Savage Orange

Yep. Practically EVERY President has had some James T Callender wannabe writing junk up...

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I have done some research and this appears to be accurate. I am not so high on Snopes now. They just labeled the report false without any detailed info. I think the gist of the article I posted is true, in that way too much money is being spent on staff. Saying Laura Bush had the sane basic staff doesn't make it right.

FULL QUESTION:
    Goes the First Lady Require More Than Twenty Attendants?
    Is this accurate? And how does it compare to prior first ladies’ staffs?

⬐ Click to expand/collapse the full text ⬏

FULL ANSWER:
    The White House published the 2009 Annual Report to Congress on White House Staff on its official blog on July 1, listing the title and salary of many White House office employees. A few days later, a fuss began online over the number of people who are assigned to work for the Office of First Lady and how much they earn per year.
    A blog post from Chicago Sun-Times reporter Lynn Sweet on July 6 put the spotlight on “What Michelle Obama’s Staffers Earn.” The staff of TheLastCrusade.org, a Web site that describes itself as a place “where you can engage in the life and death struggle against the forces of Islam, apostasy, moral complacency, cultural relativity, and the New World Order,” then took the information and posted a piece claiming that the first lady had hired an “unprecedented number of staffers” to “cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.” That piece was also posted on the conservative Web site CanadaFreePress.com under the byline of Dr. Paul L. Williams, who runs TheLastCrusade.org. That post has become part of a chain e-mail that some of our readers have passed on to us, and the e-mail expands upon Williams’ post, falsely claiming that some recent first ladies have had only one or three staffers.
    How Many?
    According to the 2009 White House report to Congress, there are 16 people with a title specifically indicating they work for Michelle Obama’s office. In other words, there are 16 people with “first lady” somewhere in their title, such as Jocelyn Frye, deputy assistant to the president and director of policy and projects for the first lady.
    The list reported by Sweet and The Last Crusade, however, includes six other staffers who do not have “first lady” in their title but are a part of the first lady’s office staff, such as Desiree Rogers, special assistant to the president and White House social secretary, and Natalie Bookey, staff assistant.
    We contacted Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary, to check the list’s accuracy. Lelyveld told us in an e-mail that the first lady’s current staff size is actually 24, not 22, as the chain e-mail claims. Lelyveld couldn’t provide a list of the staffers at that time.
    First Ladies Past

The chain e-mail’s author claims that “[t]here has never been anyone in the White House at any time that has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady’s social life.” The author claims that “even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one.” But the counts for those first ladies are incorrect – and they’re way off.
    Stephen Plotkin, reference archivist for the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, told us in an e-mail that Jacqueline Kennedy’s office was “headed” by one person, but said that there were “at least 9 people working for Mrs. Kennedy, with the promise of a great many more” during her time at the White House.
    Kim Coryat, an archives technician at the William J. Clinton Presidential Library, told us it can be difficult to nail down a precise count of staff considering “White House staffing for all offices ebbs and flows with time.” But she said in an e-mail that White House telephone directory records indicate that Hillary Clinton had at least a staff of 13 as of October 1993; 18 as of April 1997; and 19 as of March 2000.
    Lelyveld said that Michelle Obama’s staff was actually no different than that of her predecessor, Laura Bush. “[W]e have exactly the same staff number as Mrs. Bush and our office organization reflects a similar staffing model, so insinuations otherwise are wrong,” she said. Lelyveld said that the White House’s “personnel records indicate” that there were 24 staffers for Laura Bush at some point. We were able to verify at least 18 staffers for Laura Bush, as of June 30, 2008, via the 2008 White House staff list published in The Washington Post’s White House Watch column. Sixteen people were specifically referred to as a “first lady” staffer, and Amy Zantzinger and Dorothy Thornton served as White House social secretary and deputy social secretary, respectively. It’s possible that someone with the title of “staff assistant” was assigned to the Office of First Lady as well, as is the case with Michelle Obama’s staff.
    The combined annual salaries for the 22 staffers we can specifically identify as working for Michelle Obama come to $1.6 million. For the 18 we could identify as working for Laura Bush in 2008, the total is $1.4 million.
    Dr. Myra Gutin, a professor of communications at Rider University and a first ladies historian, says that the first lady’s role has certainly “grown and evolved” since the 1960s, but generally speaking, the first lady’s “staff numbers about 14-16.” Gutin told us she recalled “some first ladies have had staffs of more than that.”
    –D’Angelo Gore

20. Savage Orange