MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

To be fair, it does take about 4 hits to get Matt Carpenter home from first.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Kids are dumb. Talking heads have probably sat on this for weeks.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And as usual sports has taught the rest of the world how to handle shit like this.

So far I’ve heard of a teammate going on the record saying he loved Josh Hader. I’ve heard another say he was awarded a second chance so why should Josh not get one. And a third come out and say what a good dude Josh is.

He made some silly mistakes and said stuff he never should have said. Damn I sure did at 17 and thank God I didn’t have access to social media.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Haha I'm glad you are now apparently more forgiving of bad teenage tweets/posts/usernames. I agree with your post.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Hader can throw the tater. You have no redeeming qualities.

Other than this post which I found funny. You may be on to something, Nash.

6. NashVol11

That guy has some of the nastiest stuff I've ever seen. I am a pretty good pitcher myself, but there's a lot more cuddling involved

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Makes me want to run around the office, fling my hat off and yell at my boss. Don't know why.

9. CardinalVol

Read that article of all the shenanigans that took place between the game and resumption of it. Crazy.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As a Brewer fan, I'm very uncomfortable, borderline embarrassed, that Josh Hader got a standing ovation after his Twitter post as a teen were exposed. I don't have a problem with his teammates and fans forgiving and accepting his apologies (Which came after he was exposed and not of his own volition), but why was he deserving of a standing ovation?

NashVol11 likes this.
  11. NashVol11

Because he cried when he apologized, probably.

I agree with you, forgiveness is fine, but putting him on a pedestal because he apologized for shitty behavior is absolutely ridiculous to me.

12. NashVol11

It's probably more like the fans' attempt to publicly show their forgiveness, honestly, but I really don't think a standing O is a great method given the circumstances

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

We're pretty good

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, you are. Really good.

Regular season doesn’t mean shit when they playoffs start.

15. CardinalVol

Happy nolan Ryan beat the shit out of Ventura day everybody!

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Some interesting bounces last night. Hope the lucky rabbit's foot isn't used up by October

17. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I have gotten to where I am watching the Indians every chance I get. Its easy cause I am a White Sox fan. But I'd pay admission just to see Jose Ramirez. And I think dude is going to tear it up these last 2 months.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

20. CardinalVol