Myers Briggs Personality Types

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 21, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

well, it's not that I disagree I guess. I have a lot of contradictory tendencies, and I always kind of go right down the middle of these things. I'm pretty adaptable to circumstances. I don't necessarily strongly avoid or prefer a lot of the situations the questions ask about. I might naturally do this, but I am not particularly uncomfortable doing that, if that makes sense.

2. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

I-33; S-1; T-12; J-67. I'd say the description is pretty much spot on.

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.
    As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.
    ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.
    ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.
    His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It's obviously way off. I do not respect any of your dumbasses' intelligences.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can never answer these questions with any confidence.

5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

I'm sure that means something lol

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

INTJ here.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I almost always end up either INTJ or INFJ. The J is always consistent, the I and N are usually consistent. The F and T oscillates constantly, presumably depending on either my mood or the way the questions are worded.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Starting to see the shaded outline of a pattern, but there have been a few small surprises.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Anti social chiefs and the surprises?

10. Tenacious D

I was surprised by the extroversion of TennTra and BPV.

They sometimes seem to lack a sort of aloofness that I often associate with extroverts. So, I don't doubt the metric, but the bias of my own interpretation.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ESTJ

Extravert(89%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(50%) Judging(44%

•You have strong preference of Extraversion over Introversion (89%)
    •You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    •You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
    •You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

ENFJ- OE, we're brothers, brother!!! Holla!!!

Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(50%) Judging(33%)
    Famous ENFJs:

David, King of Israel
    U.S. Presidents:
    Abraham Lincoln
    Ronald Reagan
    Barack Obama

William Cullen Bryant, poet
    Abraham Maslow, psychologist and proponent of self-actualization
    Ross Perot
    Sean Connery
    [penis] Van ****
    Andy Griffith
    James Garner
    William Aramony, former president of United Way
    Gene Hackman (Superman, Antz)
    Dennis Hopper (Speed)
    Craig T. Nelson (Coach)
    Randy Quaid (Bye Bye, Love; Independence Day)
    Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive)
    Michael Jordan, NBA basketball player
    Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Oprah Winfrey
    Ben Stiller (The Royal Tenenbaums)
    Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts quarterback
    Pete Sampras, Tennis Champion
    Ben Affleck (The Sum Of All Fears)

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Debating on if I am offended or not. This will require going to T and J sections of my profile..............

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've never been that high on the extrovert scale for other tests. i recently did one at a conference and i got like a 6 out of 10. this one would make me a 9 out of 10.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You are all sheep taking these tests. The gubmint is going to use this information for the coming round up.

16. Tenacious D

I hope no offense was taken, as none was intended. I wish that I could be more detached at times.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

INTJ

Like the Emperor. And Tenny.

18. Tenacious D

Whatever, débutante.

19. Tenacious D

If reports that INTJ's only represent app. 1.8% of the population are to be believed as being true, this is turning downright anomalous.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha. i don't really enjoy going out to parties and "shopping", but the other option was long strolls by myself and doing nothing.