NCAA Tournament - Tennessee Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is indeed a tough draw.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

For all the grief Barnes gets about being a “choker” in March, when he’s been a top 2 seed he has never lost before the Elite Eight.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What am I missing about Wofford?

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think we get a #2 in the South, versus the 2nd worst #1 seed (we’re the second best 2 seed).

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Top 20 team. Beat South Carolina by 20 and hung within about 10 of North Carolina. Did get destroyed by Kansas, but they are a tough match up as a second round game and they have some shooters.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

#2 in the South is probably better than 1 in the west. Maybe. Who knows, without seeing matchups.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wofford can shoot the lights out.

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they have 2 guards that launch as many 30 footers as possible, but aren't the same caliber as Auburn. Imo, we need to front players like them and force them to the sideline and baseline, not allowing them to catch passes and create pick and roll mismatches.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

They're not athletic, but they pretty much are strong at everything Tennessee is poor at. It would be a 5-8 point game, I think.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Arguably the best 3 point team in the country.

Tenacious D likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

but not as able to beat you off the dribble as most teams we've played. 1 dimensional is easier to guard

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nobody is saying they are Duke or Kentucky. In terms of first weekend matchups, they're a bad one. That's all.

chavisut likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

I gotcha. I've seen them play a few times and not as worried as others about the matchup

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Kinda hope we fall to a 3. We need a chip on our shoulder.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If I had to put money on it, the grief he catches will likely heat up pretty soon. And when I say soon, possibly this coming weekend.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Somebody’s gotta be the two out West. I’m getting nervous they might ship us out there.

17. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Hopefully Kentucky. It is a joke if they get Louisville.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Michigan makes the most sense to me. Make Mich St a 2, but give them the Midwest with UNC as their 1. Put UK in the East with Duke

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

My [itch bay]ing ammunition has been damaged severely by today's events. At this point, I am not sure I could get mad if we did get a 3.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

MSU a 5 seed. LOL