Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

When Ja Rule said emphatically, defiantly “it’s not fraud!!....I’d call it.....false advertising.”

I’m like, how’s he not in prison too?

Pathetic how content these guys are, lying, screwing everyone in their path, and not feeling an ounce of remorse for it.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

**SPOILER ALERT**
    The chubby guy / ringleader went from “sympathetically bumbling dreamer” to “criminal fraudster / con man” at the end, for me. His last shit was just blatant, outright, knowingly intentional fraud.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I remember hearing about everyone being locked up and not being allowed to leave the airport. Don't remember the lead up though.

4. InVolNerable

The guy came across as a POS con artist right from the beginning.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Was nice to finally know where the “I was fully prepared to drive over there and s his d” gif came from.

I’d seen it a hundred times and had no idea who that guy was.

6. InVolNerable

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Probably. Maybe a little like a scheister, I guess. But I could at least see some path, even if while squinting, where he just innocently became in over his head. The ending shattered that illusion.

One other thing, at the very, very end, when the Bahamian dude who was stiffed and had to flee the island in a boat was doing the onscreen interview, and the chubby guy called his cell. I watched that while wondering why in the hell he was calling this guy of all people, and who he had so royally screwed, but why in the hell the dude took his call, and why they still sounded so friendly. Amazed me, tbh.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It blew my mind how easily they got money.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember hearing about it as it was happening, but thinking that those caught up in it must be the dumbest, most entitled people alive to have been so blissfully unaware that there was no way all they had been promised on a deserted island could come together for that many people so quickly. Like, they must have never had to do really anything at all practical skills-wise ever up to that point to even think it was possible.

If I said to justingroves, "hey man, for a couple thousand dollars a head you and your family can come to my luxury concert with thousands of others on a barely inhabited island, I just got to build all the amenities before you get there in 5 months," he's going to know there is no way that shit could be luxurious.

Maybe it is because I have been to sparsely populated places far out of the way, including islands. Maybe I just happen to know that the logistics of doing anything, even building a single house, is tedious and expensive... but I am betting anyone who has ever built so much as a birdhouse or fixed a toilet flapper would be awfully goddang suspicious of that pitch. And at least ill at ease at being more or less packed in to a place with limited access and no pre-existing supporting resources.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Chavis and JG got me into the punisher and now Netflix has cancelled it.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah I don’t think this is complicated as far as who fell for this. We are talking about the least intelligent people in the class of trust fund kids who don’t do anything at all. These people are idiots. And then you combine that with an insatiable desire for instagram likes and you get Fyre Fest.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

WTF.....although I had a feeling it was coming.

13. chavisut

So you’re not a trust fund, hipster millennial?

14. chavisut

IIRC his prior card business was a complete crock too.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Even a lot of super expensive hotels in Hawaii are kind of crappy in the furniture department.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My wife and I stayed at sandals resort that was right down the road from were they tried to do the Frye concert.

The airport was just a strip of blacktop for a runway and a shitty ran down double wide for them to process you in before catching a van with the taxi driver blasting gossip music.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

sounds about right.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That blows. I enjoyed it. But I did sense trouble in Season 2.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Disney is recalling all their stuff.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ahh. Didn’t even think about that angle - or that Disney even owned rights.

It seemed too early to cut the cord but I did think that the narrative got looser second season vs first.