Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I am about 20 minutes into this Fyre documentary and I can already sense the disaster coming. It's, like, 45 days until this festival and they're flying guys down to plan the logistics? They sold the tickets first and figured it would just fall into place. Plus, they look like a group of modern day yuppie assholes mixed with Ja Rule, perhaps top 3 worst rapper in history who is required by some sort of legal requirement to say [uck fay] in every sentence, apparently. I feel I'm going to enjoy the next hour of the unraveling.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The fact that Ja Rule singing was treated as serious music and not the equivalent of Weird Al offerings pretty well cemented for me that pop music of the early 2000s was garbage.

justingroves likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The worst part of this whole charade is that I was supposed to see Blink-182 that week here in town, and they canceled for this shitfest instead.

4. Unimane

Yep, it's the same element of rich entitled pricks who Instagram pictures of their $80000 receipts from the French Riviera with hashtags like "#richpeopleproblems" .

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There’s a reason why generational wealth is generally gone within two generations.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

We aren’t just talking generational wealth. You can find plenty of that in Knoxville or any decent size town. Hell, it wouldn’t shock me if a lot of those Fyre attendees came from first generation wealth and not even much of it, they’re just pieces of shit wasting their parents money.

7. Unimane

Finished the Netflix doc on Fyre and a few things stood out.

1. My 20 years boycott of Ja Rule music has been proven well founded. He seemed annoying and stupid as hell. I guess they needed a c-list rapper for their promotional efforts and Snow may have been dead somewhere in Canada for all they knew.

2. No greater sign of the times do we have where a useless person like pseudo-celebrity Kendall Jenner can get paid $250,000 for one Instagram post and a horde of social media followers actually makes it a wise investment. I guess this makes her of some use, but not in the sense of a meteor hitting the earth and we need to save a few for the sake of the survival of humanity does she make the cut.

3. The worst part, to me, was at the end when the Bahamians realized they weren't getting paid. The workers there are surely dirt poor and worked their asses off for you and no one can cough up the relatively few dollars to help them out? The woman who went through her savings to pay off the workers had more honor in her little toe than anyone in the entire documentary. I wanted to give her a big hug or something.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And then cancelled on that shit fest.

9. InVolNerable

The only people in that whole thing I felt bad for were the Bahamians. Especially the woman in charge of catering.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Spent $50k to pay her staff, to keep them from being stiffed. I just kept thinking how many hours that woman had to put in to even making $50k, much less saving that much.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

White Dragon on Amazon Prime is very good.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sounds racist

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This abducted in plain sight. Can’t decide if it’s horror or comedy.

14. InVolNerable

One episode of Umbrella Academy in. Pretty damn entertaining.

chavisut likes this.
  15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Just finished Russian Doll. Only 8 30 minute episodes, so very easy to binge.

Very weird/quirky at first, but once the plot gets going you'll have fun with it.

16. Unimane

So, season three of True Detective finished tonight. Any opinions?

Spoilers:

They wrapped up the case fairly neatly, although there was another twist at the end. However, I think the real focus was intended to be the relationships and the fact that Wayne chose Amelia over the case, twice.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What's the story behind this meme? I've seen it a lot but have no idea where it comes from.

18. InVolNerable

Watch the Fyre doc. You’ll get the meme, and it’s a great doc to boot.

chavisut likes this.
  19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Jason Brown has resigned as HC at Independence CC.

Seemed more appropriate for the Netflix thread than the CFB thread.

justingroves likes this.
  20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That was a wild situation - Independence CC really did seem like the Wild West.