Obama and His Accomplishments

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 9, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This entire western world that currently doesn't have a clue how to fund itself or it's debt problems?

Sounds like a winner to me.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And most doctors here mock the care they receive across the pond. And i don't see how it is constitutional to require us to purchase insurance. There is plenty of discord over that bill. Not exactly a unifying triumph for Obama.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Another fallacy that it's a bunch of people popping out kids. It's not nearly as simple as you think.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
    ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I love idealistic school teachers. Nowhere in the US is someone making a dollar a day so quit with that worker exploitation bullshit. And yes, the majority of Americans are lazy. They think getting a 4 year degree is some ticket to wealth. It is not.

It is a matter of enviousness. People should be happy they can provide for the family but instead are pissed because they can't afford what their better educated, more skilled, harder working neighbor has. The President exacerbates the problem by saying "Let the rich pay their part". There's always going to be poor people. The government isn't going to fix it.

You're born with the right to breathe, speak your mind and follow whatever religion you want to. The rest should be up to you. Why in the [uck fay] people think letting the government meddle in it more than that is beyond me.

6. Unimane

Who gives a shit about unifying? It was made clear from the beginning that a swath of this country had no interest in breaking bread with the guy, so, to me, it only matters if it's good policy or not.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You say it and it is so.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You're the one that keeps bringing up the approval rating as evidence that he's accomplished so much. The biggest accomplishment has brought a whole mess of discontent.

9. Unimane

[uck fay] off with the idealistic school teacher condescension, as if that's the only job I've ever had.

Secondly, I'll wait to hear your [itch bay]ing about corporate welfare in the same vein you piss on the janitor getting $200 in food stamps before I take your "everybody just needs to work hard" line seriously. People get free rides all the time in this country. It's only fashionable to shit on the ones on the bottom of the totem pole, though.

10. Unimane

The approval rating was in reference to someone saying that he didn't know anyone who approved of Obama.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But they have a pack of cigs, a cell phone and a flatscreen though right?

12. CardinalVol

And don't forget spend a minimum $20 a paycheck on lottery tickets

13. Unimane

I'd love to go on, but it's Saturday and the wife is already on the "Honey-do" list, so I have to jet. It's been fun, honestly, except for the dude who pulled the "You're a teacher and don't know shit" card.Kiss my ass on that one. Later, guys.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's election time. People are approving of Obama because they disapprove more of Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It sure seems like it, but that's just me.

It's idiotic the tax breaks corporations get. Those are as bad as the people that use WIC to get groceries and their paycheck to buy beer.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You got to fund that retirement somehow right?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't say you didn't know shit, you're just out of touch with reality. There's no reason to get mad.

18. CardinalVol

There's nothing in this world that irritates me more than hearing people [itch bay] and moan about life's unfairness while they spend that much or more every week on lottery tickets.

The [uck fay]ing crux of this problem is greed. That knows no social class boundaries.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Can't be...

20. CardinalVol

I also think there is a key issue as well in that we tend to group the working poor and well, the people who cheat the system into the same group. I think the number of people who have issue with helping those attempting to help themselves is very small, but I can't fathom that we should just allow those who are doing nothing to help themselves to perpetuate doing it. It makes no sense to me.