OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

My dad worked for SSI for 35+ years, most here in Knoxville.

It’s basically the same thing, for as long as I can remember. We’ve made it this long, so we’re probably OK.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was being mostly sarcastic. It's entertaining if nothing else.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I know, but you were dead on. Which is why i said we’re probably OK. It can change.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Traffic was something else this morning. Multiple accidents everywhere

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Friday night was probably the worst I've ever seen traffic in Knoxville.

6. CardinalVol

The guy in pajama pants, oxygen tank, and Jesus saves cap that moved 15 times in an hour was my favorite.

7. CardinalVol

Just had a client in who was a telephone operator for the military in Okinawa during Vietnam. I told her she should write a book on some of the things she heard.

Volst53 likes this.
  8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I try to tell people to write, it's important that the GI side of the story lives on rather than be rewritten by academia.

A few friends have shared stories for a group memoir, it's amazing what comes out in writing that isn't mentioned in in conversation

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yes. My step father had that gig for the Airforce. He was in the Philippines.

Mostly boring, but he said the really interesting stuff is really dark, and really classified.

10. CardinalVol

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well I can tell from the photo he's a criminal mastermind. No shame in getting outfoxed by that guy.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

13. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

They should have a board on the door of the DMV that says "if you don't have all of these documents go home and get them before you get in line".

justingroves likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In English and Spanish and braille

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still don’t think it’d help

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

17. CardinalVol

It's "Market Day" for the 2nd graders today at school.

The boy begins his quest to become a billionaire (today is just tickets), and after walking around to check out the booths, I'm afraid the kids who made the stress balls are going to learn about supply/demand and the race to the bottom for lowest price.

18. CardinalVol

Reality check -

Telling an 80 year old she owes close to 8,000, when she takes it in stride and you comment she's taking this a lot better than you would being told that, and she replies money really doesn't matter much anymore since her husband died 2 years ago.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meaning he left her a bunch of money, his death cut out a lot of expenses, or she just no longer gives a crap?

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I imagine it is "doesn't give a crap". As I get older, a lot of things that seemed to be important no longer seem that important. And things I thought were unimportant are now far more important.

NYY likes this.