OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No longer gives a crap.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's pretty sad

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like that happens more with old widowers. They kind of quit taking care of themselves and just tail off. Widows often hang around a long time.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am very worried about my FiL ever since Mom died. I think he is just sitting around, feeling sorry for himself and waiting to die. it is really sad.

5. CardinalVol

Through military and teacher pensions plus social security, she's more than set. And a sweet lady. Wasn't as doom and gloom as it makes it out to be. She just said that and it was cold water to the face.

At end of conversation she joked she'd give me 250K when she wins the lottery and I told her I was holding her to it.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It is truly amazing the way this happens. Stuff becomes just stuff. The more crap you have, the more shit in your way. Finding the person you want to be suddenly is real easy, finding him is easy, becoming him ,may not be. You have to make the change, but it may be way out of your comfort range.

MWR, gcbvol and kmf600 like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I haven't seen Black Panther yet, but the people gushing about how women are portrayed in it need to read the comic book. It's been that way since the 60's, give Stan Lee and Jack Kirby credit for creating this character and his world a long time ago.

8. CardinalVol

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It’s alright.

I didn’t see the “world changing” scenes, I guess. It all felt pretty normal to me.

10. NorrisAlan

Just got back from a scouting trip into Blue Spring cavern up on the Cumberland plateau. Got to spend the night inside the cave and crawl about a mile back into it. And in several spots I mean crawl. Nothing like crawling 100 feet on your stomach and back throwing your pack in front of you as you go.

Both my sons went and we had a grand time.

Some incredible structures when you get that far back in a non-commercial cavern.

10SEvols and lylsmorr like this.
  11. fl0at_

Too much rock overhead for me.

12. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I love caves. Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico is my favorite.

13. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

Moon room in the cave that we went to this weekend. Took two hours of crawling and climbing to get to it, but was worth it. The picture really does it no justice.

10SEvols likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Where did you decide to take a leak?

15. NorrisAlan

I know you were being a smartass, but in all seriousness, we brought large (empty of course) gatorade bottles to pee in. And for me, personally, there is something symbolic about peeing into a product bottle made by UF.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That’s exactly how I felt about it

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Gotta be woke

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Actually I was legit curious.

19. fl0at_

Comcast offering streaming services, with "no additional equipment", for basic channels about $18 a month, and add $35 for sports and entertainment package.

So... Comcast is offering their cable package, for about the same price, but without the reliability of constant signal that the actual coax line offers?

How are cable companies so friggen stupid?

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Florida is voting to stay on daylight savings time this week. I hope it passes, time changes are getting old.

10SEvols and gcbvol like this.