OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Because people are idiots IP.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

justingroves likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

Yup.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I made far less this year than previous years.

I normally like to owe a little, because my refund got stolen a couple of years back. I usually go in with a box of reciepts, and spend about 90 minutes with the accountant. This time was pretty simple, she says, this year they doubled the standard deduction, we don't need all of that this year. She also told me I can go back to making money again.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m not sure I follow.

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

Bless your lil' ol' heart.

7. CardinalVol

I don't understand why people like getting big refunds. You are basically letting the government have an interest free loan.

kmf600, CitrusCo.Vol, Volst53 and 2 others like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That said, it is their only means of saving, because if they got it in their check they would spend it instead of putting it away somewhere.

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

I've learned that mentality only leads to them taking it and blowing it anyway.

kmf600, justingroves, Volst53 and 2 others like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I just had this discussion with my warehouse guy at the office. He was pumped to be getting a lot of money back and couldn't understand when I explained to him that he just gave the government an interest free loan.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, the guy I just mentioned was using his to pay for new cell phones and a vacation. Gone as soon as he got it.

12. CardinalVol

It happens. Late year surgery for the wife caused mine to be higher than I like. But I hate the concept of thinking a big refund is winning.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Itemizing in my line of work is awful.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Auditor: "Mr. NYY, I see you have itemized 100 dildos. Uh...."

NYY: "Damn, I am sorry, that was a mistake. You know how it is. It should be 1000."

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Looks like Notre Dame is suffering some serious fire damage. And not the shitty one in Indiana.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Whats a refund. I pay minimal of whatever they tell me, then usually get a letter saying I owe more. Silly game weve been playing for years.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I had a client today complain to me she was getting a $1k refund. wants me to talk to her cpa and figure out "what wen't wrong." keep in mind this is the same person who lost their mind when he and i told her she had to start paying quarterly taxes. it takes all kinds.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

my move if a cynical president would be to increase the standard deduction amount to give everyone "a big refund." it'd absolutely work.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m not actually that upset about it, to be honest. We weren’t out racking up credit card debt or spending it before we had, in anticipation of paying it off with our refund.

It was, however, nice to get a little of money every year around the same time, and we’d use it for traveling mostly. Now we will just accordingly and be fine.

20. CardinalVol

I have learned that I have this fundamental flaw that I expect adults to act like adults and be responsible, and I have a very hard time feeling sorry or sympathetic for those who aren't.