OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The older I get, I guess I'm losing my patience on some things, but getting more patient with other, the less I can interact with dipshits. I was at a gas station that a delivery truck backed over a pole that fed the station. The lady from the gas station comes out [itch bay]ing about how long it's taking, and how much money she's losing. I told her, 1, Miami-Dade requires all gas stations to have a generator, 2, if your dipshit delivery driver didn't back over this pole, you'd have power right now.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am surprised more places don't have generators, especially with a large cabinet of frozen/refrigerated foods. And in a place prone to large storms.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm getting one for my house that runs off natural gas

Volst53 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Last 10 laps of Indy were entertaining. 3 or 4 lead changes

5. NorrisAlan

Ok. This threw me for about 20 seconds then remembered the date

6. Ssmiff

Just happen to turn it on. The guy that lost basically threw his Honda under the table. Chevy beat him and when asked what was difference in the end, he said "horsepower". I dont follow the sport but if thats the case, why tf would you drive something less powerful in a race.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well, first of all, they aren’t purposely driving cars with less horsepower. The difference is that Chevy found something Honda hasn’t that gives them just that little boost on HP.

Now, it’s been said that Honda cars handle better, or get you through the corners faster, which on a road or street course, you might need. On a big oval like Indy you need HP over handling.

Ssmiff likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The winner is often the guy who finds the sweet spot in both handling AND speed. That’s what you saw today.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Screenshot_20190526-205157_Samsung Internet.jpg This is the ad I'm currently getting. Duck you Google, double standard mother[uck fay]ee

10. Ssmiff

Damn thats hot

11. NorrisAlan

I know how much you hate those brown skins.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The google double standard pisses me off.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Washington Post had a stat that 10% of the US population averages 70 drinks a week and make up the majority of alcohol sales... That's astounding. That's 10 drinks a day... What? The? [uck fay]?

I enjoy the occasional cocktail or beer. I'd say I average 3 a week, ranging from zero to perhaps 6. I think that puts me in the category of "moderate drinker." 70 a week is unfathomable. I'm not sure I drink 70 servings of all liquid combined in a week...

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I might’ve done that on an occasional college week. No way I could keep up that pace and actually be productive.

This is pretty nuts:

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    IP likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I’m pretty much right where you are. I can’t imagine 70 a week.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I knew a couple of guys back when I worked in construction who drank a half case of light beer each and every night.

justingroves likes this.
  17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

There's not enough hours in the day for me to drink 10 drinks. I feel embarrassed telling people I have maybe 5-6 drinks a week.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My FIL used to be a full blown alcoholic, usually ended up shit faced 6-7 day a week. He didn't even drink 70 drinks a week. I highly doubt there is 10% of the US population downing 10 drinks per day.

NYY likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

not buying it. I have a group of friends that drink as much as anybody I've seen. A few of them have beer or vodka everyday. They are in a golf tourney today and met for breakfast drinks at one of the guys houses and may hit 10 drinks today, but not daily. Maybe some people in bigger cities with bars next to their apartments hit it more, I don't know. If commuting, they are saying millions are driving absolutely hammered.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

10% of the population is kind of hard to believe. Given the population under 21 or so - its even a bit higher of a % of the adult population. (Yes I know you don’t have to be 21 to be an alcoholic but I don’t think you maintain 70 a week without legal access)