OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I never actually saw a date, just that you needed to download the app so they can send you (marketing) emails and push notifications.

But that’s wild if they sold out their inventory until October. I’ve never heard of a restaurant doing that before. Absurd marketing campaign, just brilliant. As somebody in marketing, I’m in awe of what they pulled off.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Didn't get around for the sandwich, but I love Popeye's.

justingroves likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm not surprised. I drove by the Popeyes on Clinton Hwy around noon yesterday. Cars in the drive thru line were two wide for most of it then out of the parking lot. There were very few, if any, parking spots available. There was a truck there making a delivery, so I'm assuming people found out they were getting more sandwiches in.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've been craving some of their biscuits lately with all of the Popeye talk, but not a chance that I'm going to venture in one any time soon.

5. CardinalVol

Also true. They can barely handle when 2 people are in line, much less 200.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I wanted to get one just to see what the hype was about, but was waiting for it to die down first. Guess I’ll wait even longer to try it, and will be going to CFA in the meantime, if I get the urge for a chicken sandwich.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can’t imagine any chicken sandwich being good enough to merit dealing with all that nonsense

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If they'd have called it "Popeye's Panino al Pollo", you'd be setting up a tent to be first in line.

9. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Long day of driving

Deuces my people

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its pretty amazing what all went down but didn't they kind of luck into what transpired?

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I didn’t even know about the sandwich until this thread, this morning.

I did eat a chic-fil-a chicken biscuit this morning though.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The pic of their sandwich does look incredible. Looks crispy and thick.
    Btw, bojangles is the worst. Cajun chicken biscuit is thin and pale. Awful.
    And a big part of Chik fil e being so good is the buttered buns, as much as the chicken.
    In summary, i will never understand how we dont run out of chickens. Think about every block is selling chicken to billions of people daily. We have that many chickens?

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pretty crazy. Had Chick-Fil-A kept out of it I doubt its as big of success though. I also read on Forbes that just as news outlets starting running taste test Popeye's put out a statement that they were almost out of chicken. It was like perfect timing. The whole thing amazes me. I would like to see what Popeye's netted on that chicken sandwich.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Here’s an answer to that as well:

https://www.complex.com/life/2019/08/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-advertising-social-media-hype

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nah, I’d know that was cazzate

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Good start to the weekend

Attached Files:

VolDad likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

Day 3 of office move. Biggest bureaucracy in the federal government would call this inefficient. Since 730 am this morning, they have loaded one of the proposed three loads they need to finish moving today, and have not unloaded it. I'm past the point of being frustrated, I'm impressed they could be this bad.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

your mistake was showing up to work.

NorrisAlan likes this.